Donald Trump

Comments

• swjohnsey said:

Pross said:

Yep, apparently joined with a bike question but has only posted once outside four 'controversial' topics on Cake Stop and never seemed to actually post a query on Bromptons.

Not much help, here. The Brompton I bought is pretty old, frame # 1046 but it will works. Got everything working, flat bars on. I'm waiting on crankset and headset and some new brake pads. Never had a bike with Strumey Archer hub before. This one has the old Sprinter 5 speed. Seems to work O.K., I adjusted it today.
    As you complained about Giuliani being mentioned in this thread, I feel you may understand this seems a bit further off topic.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Is it VTech? Talks absolute shite, wants us to think/know that he's caked, and seems to know a bit about cars.

Not VTech then.

Have just skipped several thousand posts to get here. Did I miss much?

Simply. Get the popcorn ready. This thread is going to be gold if Trump wins new week :smiley:
    I almost want Trump to win just for that reason >:)
    See, the problem is that you constantly need to go further to get the same thrill

Once making Corbyn leader of labour was enough.

Then Boris had to be PM

Now it's a second term for Trump.

You need to stop escalating this unhealthy behaviour

At least Stevo put an 'almost' in there. Having said that, the constant desire to 'own the libs' has undoubtedly become a thing in itself: you can see it in a more exaggerated form in Trumpism, where it doesn't matter if the actual result hurts those supporting Trump (e.g. tax cuts which massively went to the super-rich rather than Trump's 'base'), as long as it makes the liberals angry. That seems to be the only real policy outcome they want. The rest is just how they get that outcome.

It's not healthy for democracy. But then, it seems that democracy itself is not held in high esteem by the MAGAs: it's another of the tenets of liberals, so it must be a bad thing.
    There's no desire involved - we already own them ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2020

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Is it VTech? Talks absolute shite, wants us to think/know that he's caked, and seems to know a bit about cars.

Not VTech then.

Simply. Get the popcorn ready. This thread is going to be gold if Trump wins new week :smiley:
    There'll be another 4 years of this thread posting stupid things he's said and done if he wins. Glad you're appreciating it!
    I think the combination of more Trump, Boris and Brexit might be enough to make a few liberal heads explode, like in that old movie 'Scanners' :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,843
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

See, the problem is that you constantly need to go further to get the same thrill

Then Boris had to be PM

At least Stevo put an 'almost' in there. Having said that, the constant desire to 'own the libs' has undoubtedly become a thing in itself: you can see it in a more exaggerated form in Trumpism, where it doesn't matter if the actual result hurts those supporting Trump (e.g. tax cuts which massively went to the super-rich rather than Trump's 'base'), as long as it makes the liberals angry. That seems to be the only real policy outcome they want. The rest is just how they get that outcome.

It's not healthy for democracy. But then, it seems that democracy itself is not held in high esteem by the MAGAs: it's another of the tenets of liberals, so it must be a bad thing.

Thanks for reinforcing my point :)
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

Then Boris had to be PM

Apart from helping Jezza to be party leader and lead Labour down the toilet, I didnt actually influence any of those events.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,609
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

Then Boris had to be PM

Who's that then?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,208
    edited October 2020
    Exactly who is living rent free in who's head?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,609
    What was his name again? The chap on here with the multiple personalities.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,843
    I'm sure Stevo will be able to quote lots of libtard posts whose primary purpose is to own the righties, rather than just the boring habit of focusing on policies.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,925
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

Then Boris had to be PM

Apart from helping Jezza to be party leader and lead Labour down the toilet, I didnt actually influence any of those events.
    You didn't vote for Boris then?

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,617
    swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

Polls get more accurate as the election nears because reputations are on the line. States that were listed as toss ups are now likely Trump, Texas being one, Florida another.

U.S. presidents are running for re-election during their first term. If you think Trump was a wild man during his first term, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Folks vote their pocket book. The only folks who stand to benefit for a Biden presidency are welfare slugs.

Percentage wise, how much of the time do you wear a baseball cap with a plastic vented bit at the back?

All the time except when singing the national anthem at the college football?
    I wear a ball cap most of the time I'm not sleeping. The sun can be brutal in South Texas. I never cared for American football. Have you ever owned any Americans cars? I've owed a few British cars, the coolest a '73 Lotus Europa JPS. I currently race a Lotus 7 by Birkin. Do you have bad teeth?

I've had some time to work on the old Brompton. Stripped off the fenders, rack and lights. The previous owner musta been tall so got ride of the extended seatpost and replaced it with a titanium one. Got rid of the high bars and put flat bars on it along with some Chinese light brake levers and Grabon foam grips. Knocked off 5 pound.

I wear a flannel suit and I am vastly intelligent and well spoken.

Are you married to one of your cousins?
    Nope. I wear a ballcap, belong to Mensa and have a couple of college degrees. I learned most of what I know about the Brits from watching Monty Python's Flying Circus.
    You should be running your country then, because the guy who is running it is not even close to being in mensa.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

Polls get more accurate as the election nears because reputations are on the line. States that were listed as toss ups are now likely Trump, Texas being one, Florida another.

U.S. presidents are running for re-election during their first term. If you think Trump was a wild man during his first term, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Folks vote their pocket book. The only folks who stand to benefit for a Biden presidency are welfare slugs.

Percentage wise, how much of the time do you wear a baseball cap with a plastic vented bit at the back?

I wear a ball cap most of the time I'm not sleeping. The sun can be brutal in South Texas. I never cared for American football. Have you ever owned any Americans cars? I've owed a few British cars, the coolest a '73 Lotus Europa JPS. I currently race a Lotus 7 by Birkin. Do you have bad teeth?

I've had some time to work on the old Brompton. Stripped off the fenders, rack and lights. The previous owner musta been tall so got ride of the extended seatpost and replaced it with a titanium one. Got rid of the high bars and put flat bars on it along with some Chinese light brake levers and Grabon foam grips. Knocked off 5 pound.

Nope. I wear a ballcap, belong to Mensa and have a couple of college degrees. I learned most of what I know about the Brits from watching Monty Python's Flying Circus.
    You should be running your country then, because the guy who is running it is not able to spell mensa.
    FTFY
  • swjohnsey
    swjohnsey Posts: 263

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

You should be running your country then, because the guy who is running it is not even close to being in mensa.
    We could probably eliminate half our politicians by requiring proof of an I.Q. higher than 100 . . . and so could y'all. Trump did graduate from an Ivy League college.

Jimmy Carter is a very smart and by all accounts a good man. He was a sorry president.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

We could probably eliminate half our politicians by requiring proof of an I.Q. higher than 100 . . . and so could y'all. Trump did graduate from an Ivy League college.

Jimmy Carter is a very smart and by all accounts a good man. He was a sorry president.
    So you type in dialect over there, how very troll.
  • First.Aspect
    edited October 2020
    swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

100 is pretty low, so not sure that would be a bad thing.

Are Ivy League admissions entirely on merit now? Other than scholarships, I thought it was a. Can parents afford it? b. Will they let you in?

For the abswer to b see a.
  • Stevo_666

I'm sure Stevo will be able to quote lots of libtard posts whose primary purpose is to own the righties, rather than just the boring habit of focusing on policies.

No point aiming for things you have no hope of achieving :)
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Not VTech then.

Then Boris had to be PM

Who's that then?
    Anyone who wants to. It's not exactly difficult :smiley:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,450

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

Are Ivy League admissions entirely on merit now? Other than scholarships, I thought it was a. Can parents afford it? b. Will they let you in?

Ivy League gets misused as some sort of academic accreditation when it's actually about sport. It is also geographically biased. Maybe Trump was an outstanding athlete rather than a genius. As he is one of the top 2 greatest golfers of all time with Kim Jong Il that was probably how he got in.
  • swjohnsey

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

No. You figure Charles, Harry, etc were admitted to college based on merit?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,717
    swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

No. You figure Charles, Harry, etc were admitted to college based on merit?
    No. Good examples to choose in order to prove the point though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • swjohnsey
    Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. president, had no formal education. Four days to go! About a third of Americans have already voted. I'm gonna wait 'til election day.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Why?
  • webboo
    That ball cap you wear Johnsey is that because you have hair like the orange one.
  • swjohnsey
    webboo said:

That ball cap you wear Johnsey is that because you have hair like the orange one.

No hair! Today was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky, good visibility, good horizon. Took the RV-4 out and did a couple of aileron rolls a loop and a two turn spin.
  • First.Aspect
    swjohnsey said:

webboo said:

No hair! Today was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky, good visibility, good horizon. Took the RV-4 out and did a couple of aileron rolls a loop and a two turn spin.
    Did you take the brompton?
  • webboo
    swjohnsey said:

webboo said:

No hair!
    Just like Don then.
  • swjohnsey said:

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th U.S. president, had no formal education. Four days to go! About a third of Americans have already voted. I'm gonna wait 'til election day.

Who you voting for?
  • First.Aspect

swjohnsey said:

Who you voting for?
    From Texas. Wears a cap. Hates spongers. Keen to vote in person.