tuesday avec propagande par le fait

'ning

try for a ride and cafe avant le déluge, cafe, wfh and vuelta pendant le déluge, not sure there is an
après le déluge, probably just more déluge
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, colder here , dry at the moment but rain forecast later, a bit of bike cleaning today after getting caught in rain yesterday .
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    WFH and that's about all today.
    I think I did as much exercise yesterday as I did in the whole of last week, and feeling it this morning.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Run and drink are the main plans today
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    rain started with the ride, looks like it's here for a few hours, splosh to second cafe soon

just had a chat with chum of many decades and adventures in lands of sands, he's bailing out to retire to his place in euroland, need to arrange drunken dinner
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

Try not to spill any, there's a good chap...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

I’ve been practicing
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

I’ve been practicing
    That's what Camelbacks are for.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Clatty weather here again. Though my new sealskinz 'n' overtrousers arrived yesterday from Merlin (ordered Friday pm, here Monday morning) today may well be my first full gym session since March. Winter, dontcha just lurve it. At least there is La Vuelta.
  • What's that in the distance? I think it's a possible ski season disappearing over the horizon!

Decorator is still decorating at home, hopefully finished by weekend so that we can rebuild everything.

Giving the red stuff away in exchange for biscuits this evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    In the office today. Weather is pants ,which of course it would be if I have to walk to the dentist and back - 20 mins each way.

HD - I have a similar concern about the ski season. Missing 2 on the trot will be a bit of a disaster.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666 said:

HD - I have a similar concern about the ski season. Missing 2 on the trot will be a bit of a disaster.

I'm hoping that some miracle will sort the world out and we can get back to some sort of normal so I'm just holding off until the last minute. Nothing booked or going to be booked until I'm sure it can happen.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Raked up another humongous ute load of green waste, headed for the tip tomorrow. Snuck in a ride for an hour or so this afternoon at least.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Rather moist out there. Another day of wfh, apparently using a gun to fix stupid is frowned upon. Feels cold in the house, should I tell the EPO to put a coat on and I go to the office? Supposed to be clearing a load of old picture framing mouldings out from the back of the old dear's garden tomorrow, might have to put that off a few days if the reain persists.
    So, basically same old, same old with minimal variation.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Ouch. And ooyah. Gym gymed.
    Plus: legs strong after much good weather cycling.
    Minus: upper body muscles, much weaker than was case in March, no gym sessions since. Hurt. And will hurt more tomorrow.
    Plus: get to ogle the gym bunnies again 😎

La Vuelta time.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

I'm hoping that some miracle will sort the world out and we can get back to some sort of normal so I'm just holding off until the last minute. Nothing booked or going to be booked until I'm sure it can happen.

That's our plan as well. We often go late season so that should give us a bit better chance.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Plus: get to ogle the gym bunnies again 😎

Gym's closed here (not that I'd be going this week anyway). Not much to see but some good banter.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm on fcuking holiday. Not that you'd know it. The fcukers save it up. All the stuff I can't delegate. Which suddenly becomes urgent. Same happened in the summer. Tw@ts.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

I'm on fcuking holiday. Not that you'd know it. The fcukers save it up. All the stuff I can't delegate. Which suddenly becomes urgent. Same happened in the summer. Tw@ts.

You can delegate anything Hoppy; whether it gets done or not is the question. Some people in our place do those advance warning of holiday things on their email footers: I just ignore people unless they're board directors >:)
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

You can delegate anything Hoppy; whether it gets done or not is the question. Some people in our place do those advance warning of holiday things on their email footers: I just ignore people unless they're board directors >:)
    Mine says which days I do and do not work but I think it just makes people arrange meetings on those days to wind you up.
    I like the way twohats is recognised as an email by the forum, but it still shows up in the reply box.

• thistle_
    Email from Mantel saying the Suito is back in stock, with a €100 price increase. Sold out by the time I'd clicked the link. Luckily I got one locally a couple of weeks ago.
    Elite and Wahoo must be making a fortune.