sunday so very far away, maybe it's only yesterday

'ning

hope the roads dry after the rain, ride up and down many times with many coffees
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited October 2020
    Morning, wet roads strong winds a normal Sunday here , club run with coffee n cake, giro TT let’s hope Tao can do it
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Run to collect car and then return van to my parents which I assume will involve kids going to the skatepark.

Later is pub stuff as there isn’t any work stuff tomorrow 😎
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Ay up.
    Just collected OH from her night shift.
    She's had a stinker, so is straight off to bed, so I'm off out for a ride up onto the Staffordshire Moorlands then drop down to Alton Towers for a swift pootle round the back lanes. Got a bit of WFH to do later before chauffering the OH back to work for her next shift. If I can fit in a dog walk with her hound, a bit of cooking and cleaning it'll end up being a reasonably productive day.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    'ning
    Wet here but the sun's out.
    Managed a shuffle around the block. I think I'll be 100% fine by tomorrow because that's when I'll be seeing the physio.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Wrap up warm, get out on the roadie, dodge the fallen leaves, enjoy absence of pixxing rain, get back, feet up, Giro TT. Plan.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    rain started as i went out, then it got colder, then it rained again, and again, and finally rear tub was slow punctured by a bit of wet glass, sealed with tufo, but grrrrr

on the plus side, cake at cafe two
  • My son Finished his bucket wheel excavator:

• thistle_

My son Finished his bucket wheel excavator:

Perfect for that small scale coal mine in your back garden :smile:
  • My son Finished his bucket wheel excavator:

That looks like a good bit o’ kit – nice

Sunday morning supermarket shopping completed, enjoying a cuppa now.
    Not sure whether to ride, go to the pub, ride to the pub, just laze or put dinner on. The sun is out, roads are still wet from last night’s rain. The mercury has just got to 10°C outside and climbing. Decisions...

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318

'ning
    Managed a shuffle around the block. I think I'll be 100% fine by tomorrow because that's when I'll be seeing the physio.

Wassup wiv you? It's just old age mate.

Tao vs Jai. There's a philosophical reference joke in there somewhere but haven't got the creative bit of the brain switched on.
    'Jai' meaning victory. If he doesn't do it, methinks Sunweb will be kicking themselves.

Kelderman should have stopped to put the jacket on and Jai should have dropped back to help him on the Stelvio.
    Then maybe Kelderman would have recovered on Friday.

Windy today. Far too windy - straight out of the Norf. Indoor pedalling for me later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

'ning

Wassup wiv you? It's just old age mate
    That's probably part of it: i hurt my lower back last Sunday by sitting around doing nothing, which meant I was in agony sitting around doing nothing working from home all week.

The pain's annoying but the not being able to do stuff is worse.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    Got rained on while out with the dogs even though the bloody forecast said it would stop by 10. Luckily had a decent bit of tree cover for most of it.

Headed round to see my cousin and her other half in South London shortly so we'll have to sit out on the patio and sup a hot cup of tea so we don't get arrested...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Got rained on while out with the dogs even though the bloody forecast said it would stop by 10. Luckily had a decent bit of tree cover for most of it.

Ditto.
    Forecast was sunshine from 9am but it's been p1ssing down almost non stop so far.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Went for a ride, first in ages, been beyond lazy. Got fuxxing wet. There was even thunder. Then the sun came out as I arrived home. Took me about 10 minutes to stop shivering when I got home.

Went to Wimbledon for something to do, and bought my first ever pair of "jogging bottoms" from that Japanese wonderstore of cheap clothing - Uniqlo. I don't suppose I'll wear them. It's nice knowing they are there though. Mini liked the soft fleecy lining and persuaded me to buy them.

Going to vacuum and mop the house now, with some dusting thrown in for free. Really really must look into getting that outsourced. It's been a year since our last cleaner returned to a better life in Poland.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Ride ridden, 2h55 of sun and dry, some wet roads, last 5 mins got dumped on big time. Bxgger. And then the sun came straight back out again.

Back in time to see Ganna's winning ride, no one in the GC is going faster than that. Awesome. Bring on the top 2.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    watching the vuelta, weather looks like this morning's, fewer muppets in the way though
  • I went for a ride, glad I did now. Just for a couple of hours, up some hills with a headwind, that was hard. But made up for by coming down quickly with a strong tailwind wizzzz… great! Didn’t even stop at the pub, went straight past. Haven’t done that since the big lockdown. Sunny but a little chilly on the legs despite wearing my longs
  • oxoman said:

DHL That's a nice set, you sure it'really not yours. Youngest was more into the star wars Lego, his mum will be glad when he packs the bigger stuff up. She hates trying to clean around his AT-AT and big troop carrier thing.

No its definitely my 8yr old sons. He built it all himself but I did presort all the parts into two big parts cases. He wanted one when he four and has asked for every Christmas and birthday since.