monday search and destroy

'ning

dry at least, nippy though, see if the tufo holds

ride and usual round of cafes and wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, very nippy here again, cycling ,gardening Well pruning, treat the lawn.
    Have a good day
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Eurgh!
    First working day since the clocks went back, so getting dark before 5pm.
    Lets hope the motorists have re-caliberated their brains to take this into account.
    Highly doubtful, but you can only wish.

WFW, WFH, riding bikes most of the day.

Going to have another stab at the keto diet for the next few months, see if I can shift the majority of the remaining excess weight off, so early morning shop at Sainsbury's is imminent to stock up on vegan goodness. Not going to be fun, but the rewards will be worth it. Hopefully!

Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Not enough sleep considering the ale last night and not working today. Well when I say not working I need to deal with some bits that came into my head whilst walking hounds 🙄

• Its true, it is grim up north. Well today at least.

Gym at lunch, swim after work interspersed with a tuna salad.

Decorator is currently doing the kitchen so I don't need to take on that task.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Even for a Monday that was a wasted day. Visited Mum because "the internet isn't working..." which had caused a major tizz. Walk in, check my phone which immediately picked up her wi-fi. Hmm. Check her iPad, also fine. Check computer, which has a Windows update pending and associated notifications all of which are entirely useless and misleading to 86 year old Luddites. Farking Microsoft. Delete them, reset the shortcuts automatically deleted from the desktop (why can I not kill the b@stard developers who repeatedly do this crap in "updates"?) and all is well.

Get home to find a bunch of things not done that should have been... argh. Now fixed.

No bikes ridden, despite it being quite a nice day for it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Busy morning as others seem to be panicking about stuff that doesn't require panic as part the solution. At least I'm not in the office so can't have people dropping by randomly to take up my time.

But on the plus side, Strifey is out with the hounds and don't have too many 'Teams' meetings in the diary.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Off by train to my favourite eye hospital for the latest set of scans, images, photos, prognosis.

There are People In My Carriage!! Half term or summat.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    'noon
    Short run this morning - short on time but things didn't seem to be working anyway.
    WFW today because of meetings, sun's come out which is nice.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Who was it that used to get unreasonably upset at the term 'folks'? I can't remember but still use it as the vitriol such an innocent term generated makes me chuckle.
    Busy day started with wfh and is now wfw. I ventured up to Gregg's for something vaguely resembling sustenance. Buy 3 sausage rolls and a 4th is free.There are so few people in the office nowadays I had no takers fir the excess, well I couldn't let it go to waste...
    Actually managed to ride my bike yesterday, thought I'd try the CX and made it round Richmond Park once before giving up as my wrist was getting rather painful. Didn't hurt too much most of the time other than gear shifts but it was quite swollen when I got home. So If i can ride 8 miles I should be able to start riding to work some days as that's just over 5 each way. Shame the clocks have changed. Left ankle has decided it doesn't like running, at least it agrees with my head so riding a bike is good.
    Really didn't need that extra sausage roll.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Glad to see your on the mend V, just take it steady with the wrist.

Not sure what you're trying to say there Oxo? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Trust you to lower the tone of bottom bracket Stevo. Some folks eh :s

This is why Bottom Bracket exists Oxo - Cake Stop is far too mature and upmarket...although ironically a lot of ****ers post in there :p