thursday where's spooky when we need him

'ning

rain stopped but no ride, hospital for next bit of vaccine trial, with risk of falling into coma through lack of coffee, cafe after
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine at the moment another busy day for me, hope to catch the stelvio later, but I somehow doubt it.
    Good luck with the vaccine trial , anything to do with covid?
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    yes one of the covid ones, adds a bit of variety

giro in the afternoon, tempted to sort out a trip for a sunny ride, feels like its going to be a long winter
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Good luck SG

Today’s run has been completed so I can stand on the side of the pitch whilst rugrat 2 plays football later.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Mild Thursday morning hangover is present. Starting the day with WFH, in to the office shortly. Physio later.
    Stelvio is hard enough in a car, had to dust snow off my seat after stopping for lunch at the top one time. Didn't expect that in June.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    SG: Are you classed as Lab rat or Guinea pig?

Drizzle here. Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • It wasn't the Stelvio but we had a snowball fight at the top of the Gotthard pass in July when we drove back from Como.

Not much doing today, took the corona ridden neighbors dog for a run this morning so will have a lazy evening.

NB - the dog hasn't got CV
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another day of petrol-powered landscape maintenance. Mild nuisance of a pair of nesting plovers out in the paddock. Couldn't see their chicks anywhere (most have long since hatched already this season) so I presumed they were just being stroppy.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Yippee!!

Nothing untoward to report today.

Thank God

However, just had 15 minutes at the side of my aunties open coffin at the funeral parlour, before she is buried this afternoon, so if it ain't grim at home, it's grim elsewhere. Had a good innings though, 93 years young and had a cracking life. She'll be greatly missed by all the family.

I hope I live to such a ripe age and get as much out of life as she did.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

Drizzle here. Meh.

top cat
  • sungod

Another day of petrol-powered landscape maintenance. Mild nuisance of a pair of nesting plovers out in the paddock. Couldn't see their chicks anywhere (most have long since hatched already this season) so I presumed they were just being stroppy.

well if they're a nuisance...

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod said:

well if they're a nuisance...

Begorrah that pie sounds gruesome...

The birds are sometimes entertainment, if a little noisy. Regular fights between them, the gulls, sea eagles, crows, mynahs and occasionally some galahs. Right now though I wish I had a (small gauge, a 410 would do) shotgun to sort out the swallows and wattle birds. Sodding pests!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Good sleep after yesterday's exertions pedallimg to work and back - to be repeated tomorrow as it keep me from getting under Mrs. 666's hooves - sorry, feet.

Bizarrely no meetings scheduled this afternoon unless someone ambushes me at the last minute, so will crack on with so me work and a spot of delegation :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

pinno said:

Drizzle here. Meh.

top cat
    It would be amusing if you had a minion called Benny.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Cargobike said:

Yippee!!

Thank God

However, just had 15 minutes at the side of my aunties open coffin at the funeral parlour, before she is buried this afternoon, so if it ain't grim at home, it's grim elsewhere. Had a good innings though, 93 years young and had a cracking life. She'll be greatly missed by all the family.

Cargo, sorry to hear about your aunt, like you say she had a good innings and that can make it a little easier. Although by implication doesn't that make you a bit old to be going with you better half's recent request to start a family?!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Still shoot cargo
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

WFW today. 11k steps as a result, compared to 1500 or so when WFH :neutral:
    Felt every pothole on the drive there and back too.
    TelePhysio booked but not until Monday.

Found this contraption in our bike parking this evening. Nobody's owned up to being the owner yet:

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

Drizzle here. Meh.

top cat
    I used to watch that as a kid (not when it first came out). Didn't realise it's nearly 60 years old now.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

Drizzle here. Meh.

top cat
    I used to watch that as a kid (not when it first came out). Didn't realise it's nearly 60 years old now.
    It's younger than SG then :p
  • Cargobike
    Stevo_666 said:

Cargobike said:

Yippee!!

Thank God

Cargo, sorry to hear about your aunt, like you say she had a good innings and that can make it a little easier. Although by implication doesn't that make you a bit old to be going with you better half's recent request to start a family?!
    Whaddya trying to say?
    I'm just a slip of a youth at 52, if you don't mind.
    It's not my fault that younger women find me so attractive :lol:
    There's a 16 year difference between the two of us, hardly insurmountable as long as I keep myself in good nick as I get older.
    Age is just a number afterall.
  • Cargobike
    oxoman said:

CB, watch out she's after your pension. 🤣🤣 Seriously age is just a number and no one lives for ever.

She can have it in exchange for the millions she's due to inherit from her parents!!

Seriously, I couldn't care less about hers or her families money. I actually think it acts as a weight around their necks, they end up viewing everyone with suspision.

Then again her folks love me to pieces. Their daughter was a bit of a wild(er) one before she met me, but I don't take any of her crap, even though she's capable of turning even the most mundane of things into a calamity!

I'd love a second chance at being a dad and having a family, it'll help keep me young and give me so much more to enjoy in life. Obviously, as the potential mother it's all in the hands of the OH, she calls the shots, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity if it presented itself.
  • Stevo_666
    Cargobike said:

Stevo_666 said:

Cargobike said:

Yippee!!

Thank God

Whaddya trying to say?
    I'm just a slip of a youth at 52, if you don't mind.
    It's not my fault that younger women find me so attractive :lol:
    There's a 16 year difference between the two of us, hardly insurmountable as long as I keep myself in good nick as I get older.
    Age is just a number afterall.
    Depends if you fancy dealing with stroppy teenagers when you're in your seventies I guess, its bad enough for most of us. Mine's already pushed off to uni. You're not that old compared to some of us mind :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Nothing wrong with being 52 :D
    Although a good friend of mine I've known since primary school recently became a father again with a wife even younger than Mrs CB and I must confess I don't fancy starting again with the bin lids.
  • Cargobike
    No word of a lie, I have a mate who is 77 and has two kids, 5 and 7 with his 34yo wife!

Doesn't seem to be slowing him down too much :lol: