it's world champagne day, not that an excuse is needed, i merely note the fact

ride, cafe, webex, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Ayup!
    In early for the kill today.
    Actually, still haven't made it to bed yet, nor do I expect to either.
    Spent most of the night fettling a bike, it's the only free time I'm getting right now, that will be put through its paces in a few hours time.
    Quick 40 miler then a day of WFW before a few hours crashed out on the sofa with the OH tonight. She's accepted a couple of night shifts over the weekend, so I'd better make the most of it.
    If she's unlucky I'll subject her to the East Midlands derby, Nottingham Forest vs Derby County on Sky Sports assisted by lashings of wine :lol:
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry a nice morning for a change, dog walked he his now fast a sleep again , another busy day looms.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Congratulations oxoman. Whatever will you do with your new found skills?

WFH, but need to nip out to check up on some site work.
    Took more painkillers than the box said I should yesterday, but I've woken up and my back seems a bit less sore today.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH and rather tired, so couldn’t be bothered with an earlier than normal start for a run and then the joys of fitting a toilet seat before the handyman comes to do jobs 🙄

Later is a run and then pub
  • Cargobike
    B*ll*cks!
    Dislocated my thumb and couldn't get the bloody thing back in.
    Now sat in A&E at Derby Royal. Hopefully the OH can pull some strings and get me seen to quickly before I succumb to the Covid-19 hoi polloi :lol:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Last day before some time "off" for half term. Hence solid meetings all day obviously. Bah. No bubbly either.
  • And so it begins... (or began unexpectedly yesterday about 4ish)
    Thursday night- Out
    Friday night - out out
    Saturday night - out
    Sunday everything out of the kitchen and extension as the decorators are in Monday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ouch cargoman. Did you crash? Trust the bike is ok though 😊

Para mi, almost time to get up. Another hard full day working yesterday followed by beers with pals via one of those Zoom things followed by a catch up on the Stelvio stage (excellent watch) = a v late night.

Short leg stretcher on the gravel bike to come and then choose which set of sprinters to ogle.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Cargobike said:

B*ll*cks!
    Dislocated my thumb and couldn't get the bloody thing back in.

friday <<<pop>>> sounds appropriate.
    Hopefully it's only dislocated so it'll just be sore once it's back in, rather than broken and out of action for a while.
  • Cargobike
    orraloon said:

Ouch cargoman. Did you crash? Trust the bike is ok though 😊

If only.
    Nothing even remotely exciting.
    I suffer with lymphoedema having had a few serious bouts of cellulitis earlier in my life. The infections screwed up my lymph system in my lower legs so I have to wear latex compression stockings (ooer) to control the problem and reduce the inflammation build up from the water that pools in my lower limbs. The stockings are extremely strong for my particular needs, especially when I was a fat b'stard and literally have to be wrestled on. Occassionaly when pulling them on I pull my thumb out of its socket. Sometimes it goes back in without difficulty, other times, like today it doesn't.

Anyway, the OH has pulled some strings, I've been attended to and one of the consultants is going to see me in a while to examine whether there is anything they can do to stop it happening in the future.

It's stupid, it's only a thumb, but it doesn't half stop you doing so many things when it isn't working properly.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    I might actually be glad when the clocks go back as it'll be a bit lighter in the morning for pedalling to work. Sat in the office with loads of space to spread out, pork pie scoffed and getting through a fair bit before the weekend and cider o'clock.

Fancied a weekend ride but my road riding buddy is recovering from COVID and isn't on top form yet so he declined so as not to hold me back :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Walked dog, cloudy day but not too bad. Day off from groundsman duty, so took the opportunity to do some fix up work on new/old bike in shed. Wheels rebuilt, cassette replaced, brakes fettled... Just need new pads so they actually stop, and a chance to ride it somewhere. Will be a bike path only job, don't think 25 y/o front suspension cuts it these days on the rough bits

Dismantled chipper shredder machine to sharpen blades ready for next assault on the shrubbery.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another joyful day of wfh. I need to stop looking below the surface when asked a question as I end up fixing other people's screw ups.
    Should be going for a run but ankle is giving me gyp so I might give it a miss. Could try and ride a bike instead and see how the wrist holds up. I could hold anyone back riding a bike at the moment.
    Hope you get the thumb sorted CB, hand injuries are a right nuisance.
    Was going to have beer tonight, maybe should open a bottle of pop with the EPO.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158

Was going to have beer tonight, maybe should open a bottle of pop with the EPO.

As Loadsamoney used to say 'Champagne - best lager money can buy'.

I haven't got any champagne in the house so may have to improvise with some dry white and that old Sodastream I brought back from my folks house. I'm sure Mrs. 666 won't notice the difference...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    SG - what bottle/bottles of bubbly are you sacrificing to Bacchus? Or actually Dionysus I suppose, given your Hellenistic proclivities...

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    just a basic bredon, best had fresh so i need to get stocks down :smiley:
  • hopkinb
    Is it good? Bredon that is. I bought a lot of very cheap Lanson some years ago. It only improves with time, as does all NV bubbles. I had a single Duvel beer and a largeish glass of Hine cognac. Exactly 100 ml. We must be careful. Except when we aren't.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    prefer bredon (and also waitrose's own label) to many of the common nv bubblies, i.e. pol roger, roederer, laurent-perrier, pommery, nicolas feuillatte, tattinger etc.

next up from bredon, we go for nv bolly/vc/moet, after that billecart-salmon especially the extra brut, then obvs. krug, and on into the vintages which gets variable, had many cases of billcart-salmon 1990 which was superb right from release, sadly long swigged (but that's ok, it might not be as good these days)

dinner beckons, something red with boeuf bourguignon :smiley: