Spring (autumn) classics *spoilers*

1111213141517»

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583

Right, well taking that as a positive, I think it's time for the race info........But I don't have it because it's a closely guarded secret. From their website:

On Sunday 18 October, the Tour of Flanders is on the programme. Given the current health situation in Belgium, we as organisation call on you to follow the race at home. It was therefore decided not to release any information about the course.

Anyhow, it will look something like this.

And we are really only interested in these three bergs.

* * * * * van Aert, van der Poel, Bettiol
    * * * * Pedersen, Asgreen
    * * * Andersen, Lampaert, Alaphilippe, Kristoff
    * * Sénéchal, Stuyven, Benoot, Politt, Trentin, Küng, Degenkolb,
    * Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Wait, what? In 2020's latest kick in the nuts The Ronde doesn't get its own spoiler thread? :(
    Not from me it's not.
    I am juggling two GTs and countless fantasy teams atm.
    Besides, Rick will tell you it's about 10 kms short of being a puckka monument.

As Rich says, there's always a chance one of the Van Fans will crack.
    I have my wrist in plaster as I broke it twice in one accident so my other hand can only tolerate short messages
    Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    mrb123 said:

Right, well taking that as a positive, I think it's time for the race info........But I don't have it because it's a closely guarded secret. From their website:

On Sunday 18 October, the Tour of Flanders is on the programme. Given the current health situation in Belgium, we as organisation call on you to follow the race at home. It was therefore decided not to release any information about the course.

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Wait, what? In 2020's latest kick in the nuts The Ronde doesn't get its own spoiler thread? :(
    Not from me it's not.

I have my wrist in plaster as I broke it twice in one accident so my other hand can only tolerate short messages
    Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Head on cycling collision with another cycling who was going wrong way down one way street.

Was obscured by pedestrian who dithered in road till too late.

Concussed, whiplash and two broken bones in my wrist and generally very sore. They were ok
  • mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Head on cycling collision with another cycling who was going wrong way down one way street.

Concussed, whiplash and two broken bones in my wrist and generally very sore. They were ok
    Hope it won't effect your enjoyment of the Big One, tomorrow, Rick.
    I mean the Giro of course. :p
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    Pross said:

D'Hoore takes the sprint. Decent final 20k.

I watched 2 hours worth without taking a nap. Good race.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    davidof said:

Pross said:

D'Hoore takes the sprint. Decent final 20k.

I watched 2 hours worth without taking a nap. Good race.

A bike race without a nap is a bike race wasted
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Where there's blame there's a claim! 😉
  • rick_chasey
    mrb123 said:

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

If I was planning to do that I shouldn’t have cycled home without getting any deets
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Nasty. You allowed to watch tomorrow with the concussion?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Happened on Tuesday. I’m ok
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Crashing sucks. Hope you feel better soon!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

mrb123 said:

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

If I was planning to do that I shouldn’t have cycled home without getting any deets
    Shoulda sued his ass off! They say that we are becoming more American all the time.
  • rick_chasey

mrb123 said:

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Shoulda sued his censored off! They say that we are becoming more American all the time.
    Her and it was a student, looked like a fresher.

I was also going too fast for the environment and conditions.

You also don’t make normal decisions in that state. I had a very very overbearing need to get home asap
  • RichN95.
    Cross examination of the witness, your honour. Did Sporza broadcast a two hour Tom Boonen documentary that may have instead caused your wrist injury?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218

mrb123 said:

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Shoulda sued his censored off! They say that we are becoming more American all the time.
    Her and it was a student, looked like a fresher.

I was also going too fast for the environment and conditions.

You also don’t make normal decisions in that state. I had a very very overbearing need to get home asap
    I need to find said student and go halves on her compo as you've just admitted blame.
  • rick_chasey
    She’s fine
  • RichN95.
    edited October 2020
    Big crash for Van der Poel in Brugge-De Panne. Ended up in a ditch and abandoned. The cameraman chose that moment to wipe the camera lens so not sure what happened.

Edit: He eventually stood up and walked to the car, but looked concussed.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Season over for him. Was looking really strong before that working for Merlier. Wonder if he is going to give the spring classics a shot next year before switching to mountain bike for the olympics or if he will go full mountain bike all the way?!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    m.r.m. said:

Season over for him. Was looking really strong before that working for Merlier. Wonder if he is going to give the spring classics a shot next year before switching to mountain bike for the olympics or if he will go full mountain bike all the way?!

Yup.

Some suggestions in Holland & Belgium he ought to get a grand tour in his legs to step up but not sure his camp buy into that.
  • RichN95.

m.r.m. said:

Yup.

Some suggestions in Holland & Belgium he ought to get a grand tour in his legs to step up but not sure his camp buy into that.

GB used to send Thomas off to do the Giro in his Olympic years so maybe he could do that. But I would have thought actual MTB would be better.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    On a slightly different level. Tom Pidcock rode and won the baby Giro before winning the mountain bike u23 worlds.
  • Who was the guy commentating with Magnus on de Panne? He was pretty good
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I thought Tim Merlier save when he touched wheels and ended up sat on the cross bar with both feet out of the pedals was probably one of the highlights of the season. I wasn’t sure if MVP was repeating his tactics from Flanders when he switched half the breakaway.
  • RichN95.

Who was the guy commentating with Magnus on de Panne? He was pretty good

Jez Cox. I've never heard of him before
  • rick_chasey

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Update going in for surgery next week...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348

mrb123 said:

* Vanmarcke, Rowe, Teuns

Not from me it's not.

Story?
    Fell off his high horse.
    Charming.

Update going in for surgery next week...
    Best tip I got from Ski Friends before my knee surgery?

Kick any opioids they give you ASAP. Learn to love ice packs!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    edited October 2020
    Which bones have you broken Rick ? My wife had a bone graft on a scaphoid years ago - seems to be a common one to break. Best of luck anyway.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550

PR route today.

DAMMIT.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    gweeds said:

PR route today.

DAMMIT.

Would have been epic BUT given the rider protest the other day in the giro, if the race was going ahead would there have been a similar protest because of the conditions??
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    The Friends of Paris-Roubaix normally spend a fair amount of time before the race getting the cobbles cleaned up a bit, so yeah it's muddy, but stuff like that would have been dealt with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format