• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited October 2020
    Morning, dry here but forecast looking damp, busy day for a change
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Non working day for me and forecast looks reasonable.
    Can't do anything though as my back is still in a mess and seems to be getting worse :disappointed:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Morning

Can't do anything though as my back is still in a mess and seems to be getting worse :disappointed:

😢 re back, sure it wasn’t caused by birthday numbs yesterday?
  • tlw1
    Early(ish) start as older hound was limping slightly yesterday, so thought it best to walk them then run.

Work stuff and then hide as MIL is staying at ours as whilst no need to be in hospital she isn’t ready just to relax at home
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Morning

😢 re back, sure it wasn’t caused by birthday numbs yesterday?
    No, it's been bad since Sunday afternoon.
    Yesterday was mostly a write off.

• Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Ayup!

So much for booze soaked shenanigans last night, the OH's stalker/ nutjob was brazenly hanging out in the pub with some of the locals, so what was supposedly going to be a "get it out of the hair" shindig, became venomous glances and not too quiet threats. The Police said they couldn't attend to remove him from the premises, we're in the middle of nowhere, so everyone let it slide.

How I have managed to restrain myself so far, is anybody' guess, but I'm getting very close to snapping now and the poor bloke won't have a clue what's hit him if/when I do.

Returned home stone cold sober to spend the rest of the night in contemplative silence. Not what either of us wanted, round 3 to that ****!

We've reconciled to moving asap now, after constructive talks this morning, so the estate agents will be getting a heads up later.

OH isn't on duty for another week now, so I'll gallantly WFW for the rest of the week, while she gets on with putting both our houses up for sale and deals with the "bloody estate agents", public enemy No.2 in my book.

Furiously ridden in to work to get the anger out. Pity I'm not on Strava still, I'd have smashed every KOM going en-route, only to find one of the national carriers we sub-contract to have left parcels to be delivered in Nottingham in Derby and the parcels for Derby in Nottingham!

Looking on the bright side, the heavy rain forecast hasn't arrived yet. Every cloud and all that.....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Cargobike said:

OH isn't on duty for another week now, so I'll gallantly WFW for the rest of the week, while she gets on with putting both our houses up for sale....

So she lives 'up a hill' and you have 2 houses?! Don't you live together?

Soggy here. Got royally soaked when I got out the pressure washer yesterday with Shorty and did a bit of a clean up, in the rain.
    Up the Stelvio is it in the Giro today?

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Nah Stelvio tomorrow. Today is another mega Alpine stage though.

Today's decision: Giro or Vuelta live? Decisions, decisions...

Peeing it down here, forecast so all day, do a bit of admin type stuff, may even venture out to a supermarket if I feel brave enough, keep Prepping peeps, keep Prepping, there be Times a-comin'.
  • Wet here so gym later after work, other than that nothing much to report.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Got belted down on riding into work as expected - at least I have sone dry kit for the way home, though my shoes might still be a bit squelchy when I head home. Hey ho.

Onwards to food, Brexity stuff and tax avoidance :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Lovely sunny day again. Morning of tidying up in the yard, loaded the ute with weeds and garden waste to take to the tip. 480 kilograms of it!

Bike ride, interrupted by an emergency visit to friend's place to fix leaking washing machine hose.

More mowing done.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afernoon folks,
    Another busy day of wfh and fending off stupidity. Very moist out, walked to the Coop to get some bread for lunch. Thought that was enough being outside for now. Have a table booked in the pub garden tonight as there will be 5 of us. Fortunately I booked one of the covered booths expecting this kind of weather.
    Good luck with everything CB.
    Did Piña fix your mower for you Spinner? I'm sure he said he fixed a mower when yours was repaired the other day.
  • thistle_

Did Piña fix your mower for you Spinner? I'm sure he said he fixed a mower when yours was repaired the other day.

It's amazing what you can do over the internet these days.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

It's amazing what you can do over the internet these days.

Innit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Gentle? Or baseball bat? All options available.
  • veronese68
    Interesting night in the pub garden, one of our number just back from a holiday in Wandsworth. But, complied with the rules and there were 5 of us in the garden, when we left there was a single punter in the pub and another 2 in the garden. I don't think pubs will bother opening the doors for that level of business much longer.
  • Cargobike
    pinno said:

Cargobike said:

OH isn't on duty for another week now, so I'll gallantly WFW for the rest of the week, while she gets on with putting both our houses up for sale....

So she lives 'up a hill' and you have 2 houses?! Don't you live together?

Soggy here. Got royally soaked when I got out the pressure washer yesterday with Shorty and did a bit of a clean up, in the rain.
    Up the Stelvio is it in the Giro today?

Laters

Yes, we live together, but also have our own properties, plus holiday/investment properties in the Lake District (me) and Devon (OH)
    I'm in Matlock, she's in Ashbourne, 15 miles down the road.

My house has been on and off the market for over 3 years now and has outbuildings ripe for conversion. Unfortunately the next door neighbour is a bigwig with Derbyshire County Council and has done everything he can to stop re-development of the property by both myself and interested parties and seems to have the planning department in his grasp. Pre-pandemic I expected to make a healthy return on my investment, but right now, all things considered, I'm resolved to just moving it on regardless. Life's too short. It's not like the OH isn't short of a bob or two.

Anyway, sorry I bother you all with this, but I find it cathartic to write my problems down, gets it out of my head, then I can get on with far more important things.
  • Cargobike
    oxoman said:

Cargo you not got someone who can have gentle word with your problem pleb.

I'll happily do it myself. Unfortunately, I have a bit of form with the Police from my younger days and have already been told by them not to do anything outside of the Law. At my age I don't need to start creating my own sh*t too.

Yes, I know some characters who would happily oblige, but it's all a bit too close and personal right now. A mine shaft would be perfect :lol:

I've made an offer on a unseen with my own eyes barn conversion on the south side of Derby today. No point in p*ssing around. The easiest way to solve the problem is to move, then extract my revenge when the opportunity is right.
  • veronese68
    Cargobike said:

Anyway, sorry I bother you all with this, but I find it cathartic to write my problems down, gets it out of my head, then I can get on with far more important things.

No need to apologise, a problem shared and all that.
  • tlw1

Cargobike said:

No need to apologise, a problem shared and all that.
    Good point well made