Bianchi to be bike suppliers to GreenEDGE from next year

This could be an interesting development.

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    You'll be binning off Roglic for Simon Yates, now then
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    All the hipsters on Mitch Docker's podcast all want 'dales now anyway...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • You'll be binning off Roglic for Simon Yates, now then

I’d love to see what Yates can do with an Oltre / Aquila to play with.

• ddraver said:

All the hipsters on Mitch Docker's podcast all want 'dales now anyway...

That’ll be the Rapha effect probably. I like ‘dales, not such a fan of Rapha though.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

You'll be binning off Roglic for Simon Yates, now then

I’d love to see what Yates can do with an Oltre / Aquila to play with.

Similar to what he’s been doing on a Scott.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    To tell the whole story, rather than just what the fetishist is into, Sunweb to Scott and JV to Cervelo

Musical Saddles as it were

I think a yellow & black Cervelo may test even my disinterest in what bikes look like tho... 😕
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Cervelo are laaaaame
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Shame, must be hard being on a team and having to downgrade bike.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    gsk82 said:

Cervelo are laaaaame

Some of the new ones look quite nice.

I like the cannondales though. Specially the Palace ones ;)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    I'm still waiting on it getting interesting.
    Any idea when that will happen?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • 50x11 said:

Shame, must be hard being on a team and having to downgrade bike.

Yeah it must suck to be J.V. right now.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    JV might start winning again with the more up to date Cervélo’s rather than their current ancient Fiats.
  • arnuf
    arnuf Posts: 98
    pblakeney said:

I'm still waiting on it getting interesting.
    Any idea when that will happen?

Still nothing happening four months in (the news is at least that old).
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099

This could be an interesting development.

Only if you are a complete brand fetishist tosspot. For the normal folk, it's pretty insignificant.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    edited October 2020
    Anyone find someone getting so excited by a bike brand slightly disturbing?
  • brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited October 2020
    webboo said:

When you’ve spent 10 grand on a bike that’s too small for you. You have to convince yourself it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

It’s a good job I spent 12 grand on a bike that fits perfectly then isn’t it?

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Teams happily changing bike brands show that despite the PR guff the brand of bike means little in pro cycling and how it's really all about the riders.
  • pblakeney
    edited October 2020

Teams happily changing bike brands show that despite the PR guff the brand of bike means little in pro cycling and how it's really all about the riders.

Flip side argument. Jumbo blame Bianchi for blowing Le Tour. Should’ve used Colnago. 😂😂😂
    Your argument is the correct one, obviously. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    pblakeney said:

Flip side argument. Jumbo blame Bianchi for blowing Le Tour. Should’ve used Colbago. 😂😂😂
    I do like this argument. Perhaps the reason Alaphillipe lost LBL is that the new Tarmac hadn't been aero tested with a rider riding with their arms aloft.

The old rim/brake argument is pretty boring now but it'll be mildly interesting to see if any Greenedge riders switch back to rim brakes from disc brakes if Bianchi still offer rim brake options.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510

webboo said:

When you’ve spent 10 grand on a bike that’s too small for you. You have to convince yourself it’s the best thing since sliced bread.

Hahahaha, fair play.
    Yours are the most entertaining comments on this forum.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    At least JV will now be able to dictate a frame colour to suit their jerseys!
    Half man, Half bike
  • webboo said:

The Oltre with SR EPS disk has an RRP of 10.5k - and NOBODY pays RRP when they spend 10.5k on a bike unless they're a total fud - so where has the extra 1.5k suddenly come from? You've already told everyone multiple times it was 10k. Have you added a tw4t tax to it, or are the massive stack of spacers made from graphine?

• The Oltre with SR EPS disk has an RRP of 10.5k - and NOBODY pays RRP when they spend 10.5k on a bike unless they're a total fud - so where has the extra 1.5k suddenly come from? You've already told everyone multiple times it was 10k. Have you added a tw4t tax to it, or are the massive stack of spacers made from graphine?

I don’t know where you got any of that nonsense from. Have you tried to buy a bike for less than RRP lately? I had to.
    Just in case you missed it, the RRP of my bike was 12 grand, I certainly never said it was 10 Grand.
    See.

• pblakeney said:

Flip side argument. Jumbo blame Bianchi for blowing Le Tour. Should’ve used Colnago. 😂😂😂

J.V. we’re dominating the race, until a couple of duff tactical calls, and a ballsed up final ITT cost them. How was that ever Bianchi’s fault? It would be interesting to hear what they think the problem was.
  • pblakeney said:

J.V. we’re dominating the race, until a couple of duff tactical calls, and a ballsed up final ITT cost them. How was that ever Bianchi’s fault? It would be interesting to hear what they think the problem was.
    Same as what was right when they were leading it - the riders.
  • pblakeney said:

Flip side argument. Jumbo blame Bianchi for blowing Le Tour. Should’ve used Colbago. 😂😂😂
    I do like this argument. Perhaps the reason Alaphillipe lost LBL is that the new Tarmac hadn't been aero tested with a rider riding with their arms aloft.

The old rim/brake argument is pretty boring now but it'll be mildly interesting to see if any Greenedge riders switch back to rim brakes from disc brakes if Bianchi still offer rim brake options.
    I’d be surprised if Bianchi supplied the older rim braked version, rather than the new disc braked version.

• pblakeney

pblakeney said:

It wasn't Bianchi's fault. Just the same as they couldn't claim credit for the win.
    Pog on a Raleigh Chopper would have beat me on an XR4.
    Only a deluded mug would think a £12k bike will be faster than a £3k bike.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

It wasn't Bianchi's fault. Just the same as they couldn't claim credit for the win.
    Pog on a Raleigh Chopper would have beat me on an XR4.
    Only a deluded mug would think a £12k bike will be faster than a £3k bike.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited October 2020

The Oltre with SR EPS disk has an RRP of 10.5k - and NOBODY pays RRP when they spend 10.5k on a bike unless they're a total fud - so where has the extra 1.5k suddenly come from? You've already told everyone multiple times it was 10k. Have you added a tw4t tax to it, or are the massive stack of spacers made from graphine?

I don’t know where you got any of that nonsense from. Have you tried to buy a bike for less than RRP lately? I had to.
    Just in case you missed it, the RRP of my bike was 12 grand, I certainly never said it was 10 Grand.

How many watts/grand did you gain?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.