Ronde van Vlaanderen Sunday 18th October 2020 *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Hit the grass
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    edited October 2020
    The footage of Muhlberger taking himself out is amazing, he's going to watch that and think "what the **** was I doing?"

• WvA starting his cyclocross season a bit early there.
    At least he tasted grass not tarmac.
    His own fault as he was first on the floor.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Ebh
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Boasson Hagen starting his sprint too early again
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Not a good time for Kwia to be trying to get back on.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066
    I've tried posting the twitter of Muhlberger's self take-down - turns out I have no idea how to do that but it's worth watching. It's the kind of thing he'll watch this evening and think "what the **** was I doing?".
  • Pross
    What is EBH doing?
  • Pross
    He obviously knew the train timetable
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Pross said:

Not a good time for Kwia to be trying to get back on.

He's clearly a Belgian train timetable enthusiast
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    Lol level crossing barriers..
    Did ebh know?
  • Pross
    Looked like a remake of the infamous Grand National with riders trying to restart while the tape was half up
  • And that the entire peloton would get themselves DQF'd.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Rain
  • Definitely should be a couple of DQFs for those two riders going off course up the climb.
    We have some rain!
  • mididoctors

Definitely should be a couple of DQFs for those two riders going off course up the climb.
    We have some rain!

I thought he was a fan at first
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Rather enjoying Dan and Adam. Like having 2 mates commentating.

Can imaging it's causing some Boomers to froth with rage however...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    DQS Trying to break it up
  • rick_chasey
    Pace now quite fast on the holleweg - Lampaert driving it
  • Pross
    Hitters gathering at the front now.
  • mididoctors
    Oufffff pacy
  • Pross
    ddraver said:

It's so calm though. I was doing a bit of DIY earlier when Carlton came back on and had to pop my head back into the room thinking something interesting had happened but there was nothing at all.
  • rick_chasey
    Very early
  • rick_chasey
    Rain getting people moving
  • rick_chasey
    Nervous
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

ddraver said:

It's so calm though. I was doing a bit of DIY earlier when Carlton came back on and had to pop my head back into the room thinking something interesting had happened but there was nothing at all.
    Blyth is a fresh air
  • Pross

Pross said:

ddraver said:

Blyth is a fresh air
    I assume this is more like the Belgian or Danish commentary Rick and No ta doctor bang on about, ex-riders understanding the race and knowing the riders being able to call tactics. Blythe isn't a fan of Sep.
  • rick_chasey
    Lol does he say why?
  • Pross
    Just how he spends more time in a break trying to avoid doing a turn and that it doesn't help him in the long run.
  • Pross said:

Pross said:

ddraver said:

Blyth is a fresh air
    I assume this is more like the Belgian or Danish commentary Rick and No ta doctor bang on about, ex-riders understanding the race and knowing the riders being able to call tactics. Blythe isn't a fan of Sep.
    Sporza never ever get hysterical.
    Their commentary is as cool and calm as a Bjorn Borg backhand.

Unfortunately, we will be getting the screaming banshee back for the best part of this Ronde.