Ronde van Vlaanderen Sunday 18th October 2020 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Sean Kelly has nipped down to the local telephone box to do his commentary.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    EF have a good team.

Sporza getting the message across - stay at home watch it on the telly
  • Exciting. Not sure I have way to watch. Keep posting to a maximum please.

No excuses @rick_chasey - I'd invite myself round if I wasn't out of town
  • Exciting. Not sure I have way to watch. Keep posting to a maximum please.

No excuses @rick_chasey - I'd invite myself round if I wasn't out of town

Here you go.

https://tiz-cycling-live.io/live.php
  • Awesome. Thank you blazing. I used to know where all these links were but it's been a while.
  • Commentary now from Phil Gilbert and Carlton Kirby: The ultimate sublime and ridiculous.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200

I'm please that no one has criticised my inclusion of Vanmarcke as five stars. I realise this is probaly due to it not being read or no one bothering to post about it, but I'm taking it as acceptance.

I automatically interpreted it as "stars if they don't get a mechanical". Without that adjustment he's one star at most. So basically, he's one star.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Just switched it on with greeted with my first kirbyism.

Jesus Christ what a moron.

He's put his hand down the barrel to pull out a ticket but will it be a ticket to ride.
  • Couple of attempts at a break so far but nobody able to agree who’s allowed up the road yet.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    got up early went out for an hour. called it a ride. odd watching flanders this time of year?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    What time is the anticipated finish? I need to get out for a couple of hours running but hoping to catch the key action from lunchtime.
  • 6 man break has gone, peloton sat up and let them go, heading towards 2 mins gap.

Gregor Mühlberger (Bora-Hansgrohe)
    Samuele Battistella (NTT Pro Cycling)
    Danny van Poppel (Circus-Wanty Gobert)
    Gijs Van Hoecke (CCC Team)
    Dimitri Peyskens (Bingoal-Wallonie Bruxelles)
    Fabio Van Den Bossche (Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise)
  • mididoctors
    edited October 2020
    i am not sure 2pm? no maybe closer to 3pm
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    race settled down break away
  • Oh, with their usual mastery of tactics Cofidis seem to have a rider stuck on their own in the no mans land between the break and the bunch.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Oh, with their usual mastery of tactics Cofidis seem to have a rider stuck on their own in the no mans land between the break and the bunch.

If only there were a World Champs in potato hunting for them.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited October 2020

Gijs Van Hoekce(CCC Team)

Oooh, Memories of a very hazy Gent 6 evening with a Disgruntled Goat....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    edited October 2020
    Pross said:

What time is the anticipated finish? I need to get out for a couple of hours running but hoping to catch the key action from lunchtime.

3pm U.K. time
  • gweeds said:

Eurosport are splitting coverage with the men’s, women’s and Giro. Live from 0840.

Awesome thanks.
  • mididoctors

gweeds said:

Eurosport are splitting coverage with the men’s, women’s and Giro. Live from 0840.

Awesome thanks.
    Didn't the women's race catch the men's once ...or was that the Het?
  • Pross
    edited October 2020
    Thanks, knocked my run on the head as I've got a sore throat. Just watching - man down.
  • Pross
    Dan Lloyd and Adam Blythe on commentary. Breath of fresh air!
  • Pross
    Spoke to soon!

Side on shots making it look like quite a few riders have started building their hibernation timber, guess it's just clothing layers. MvdP looks a bit of a chav.
  • rick_chasey
    Pross said:

Spoke to soon!

Side on shots making it look like quite a few riders have started building their hibernation timber, guess it's just clothing layers. MvdP looks a bit of a chav.

Not familiar with Dutch proclivity for white trousers?
  • lettingthedaysgoby
    lettingthedaysgoby Posts: 1,732
    edited October 2020
    First cobbles done, climbs incoming, break at 7’40”
  • Mühlberger with a Bora bag drop.
    That's one way to get out of the breakaway.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,878

Mühlberger with a Bora bag drop.
    That's one way to get out of the breakaway.

Very amateur. Thank god they don't give out musettes mid-sportive!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Here we go

On the lad's 5 Yr old Westmalle Dubbel home brew. It's cracking. Lost the cloying sweetness and developed a deep dryness with notes of molasses.
  • mididoctors
    WvA crashed
  • mididoctors
    Not too bad I think