saturday it's october, a good month for revolution

'ning

cloudydry again

ride and cafes, much toast
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine rain , club run at 8:30 with a cafe stop, quiet afternoon I have the house to myself until this evening.
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long run means I won’t get involved in clearing up the carnage of last nights dinner party 😎

Later is round some friends for dinner.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Run runned, not tlw scale though.
    Sun's gone behind the clouds now. Might do some zwift later and try to get this fancy turbo working properly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Difficult to compare against standards set by the bonkers.

Dull today. Mashed after yesterday's epic ride into a cold Easterly headwind and then the wind decided to die away on the return leg. I feel robbed.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Lie in completed. Been to post office to collect package, off out to stick to walk dogs soon, then into Bromley for some bike related stuff - The Bruiser needs fixing up.

Probably MOTD later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    Weather here also grey dull and chilly. But dryish, for now. Get the graveller out for an easy one, get back, warm up again, watch the TT. Plan.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Spent the morning helping a friend move stuff to her new house, then lunch local cafe.

Home just in time for the rain to set it all arvo. Dang. Did some fettling in the shed, but not much else.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

Difficult to compare against standards set by the bonkers.

How rude! 😂 run didn’t go to plan so missed the last bit
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    Surprisingly enjoyable pootle on the gravel bike, not too muddy, not too cold. Today's pleasant surprise - happening upon a small field containing ~40 goats grazing away. Assume a local goats milk producer. Many goats interested in me while I'm interested watching one of them nibbling through the fence on a sloe bush with its massive thorns and all, said goat entirely unfussed by the thorns.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Late night WFH/domestic goddess duties yesterday, early start today. Xmas is still 11 weeks away and it's already going mental. Keep an eye on the footie scores this afternoon, come on Forest time to beat one of our bogey teams, then a quick spin into Derby to collect booze ready for Sunday night after OH completes her weekend shifts.
    Dog sitting this weekend for the OH too, so a gentle stroll in the locality this evening, might manage a quick pint if I CBA before the almost daily commute to pick up the doc.
    Only another 14 weeks and she gets her licence back. Can't come soon enough.
  • Cargobike
    Sat outside Royal Derby Hospital awaiting the arrival of the OH, so using the time productively to post sh*te on here :lol:

Nine ambulances are sat outside A&E, so much for a quiet night.

Will we make it home before midnight?
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike said:

Will we make it home before midnight?

No.

However we've made it to the Premier Inn across the road from the fospital where we are presently drinking warm Prosecco from plastic cups :lol:

Talk about a wasted journey.