'ning

should be dry/dryer than yesterday

continue eternal cycle of ride cafes and giro

perhaps a smidge of wfh, one can give too much
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry feels milder though, dog walked, dentist appointment this morning at last, will probably get out for a ride later.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Nice 1.5hr run with the hounds.

Work stuff and then dad taxi duty
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    'ning
    Yes, surprisingly dry if you ignore that misty stuff in the air. On course for a cracking day weather wise.
    Put the mudguards on this morning expecting it to be wet but they weren't required.
    Need to find my big lights, Mk2 Joystick doesn't cut it any more when everyone else has billion lumen headlights.
    Back to a day of spreadsheet heaven :smile:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,328
    Not enough wind to blow the clouds and rain away here so outdoor pedal is on hold.
    Then the board of toots recreational activity planning, logistics, execution and facilitation will kick in.
    Neighbour's son (68) decided to start strimming at silly o'clock. I could have clocked him.
    I like his mum - she's 88 and all there. He's a shouty tw@t.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning

Work going not bad today, non-work day tomorrow and hoping it's nice weather for a ride. Might turbo later.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • FFS, looks like Greater Manchester is going into the very high risk tier.
    Not much to do tonight, might go swimming.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • A slight reprieve from the inevitable...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • lincolndave
    Well that’s the tooth repaired(temporarily) they cannot use all of their air / electric tools as yet, and each room as to be cleaned and left for one hour after use, very strange times,
    I’ve just managed a cuppa without hitting the roof :)
    Where’s the bike , sunshine at the moment
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Half a day in the office: about to partake in some some SG/H3 style fine dining on somebody else's expense account over in the City, followed by a cheeky pre lockdown beer with a mate in the West of town. Then will attempt to pedal home...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145

Sunshine's over here, it's lovely outside (but a bit chilly).
    Unfortunately sat at a desk WFH.
  • Batten down the hatches you southern jessies, a (covid free) northerner is coming down tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Batten down the hatches you southern jessies, a (covid free) northerner is coming down tomorrow.

You're not coming down dressed like that, are you?

(can you bring some proper handpull beer?)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530

Batten down the hatches you southern jessies, a (covid free) northerner is coming down tomorrow.

you're doomed, doomed
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave

Sunshine's over here, it's lovely outside (but a bit chilly).
    Unfortunately sat at a desk WFH.
    The sunshine didn’t last long, 5 miles into the ride the heavens decided to open up, good job I had the rain jacket in my back pocket

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    That's me vaxed then. Who needs a mask? 😉 Flu jab first thing. Reckon I was in the nurses' room for approx 45 seconds. Job done.

'kin knackered now after longest and hardest day of the working week. Pour a glass and catch up on the Giro and that'll be that.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Quiet day, thank god.
    Slept until late, then mad shopping spree online, PDW mudguards, a couple of hemets to try, hub dynamo front wheel, new winter tyres and assorted autumnal/winter clothes purchased
    Phew! Hard work.
    Time to pull out the new single speed pub bike I've built recently and cycle into Derby city centre for a couple of socially distanced beers. Might even get a carry out as I'm living the singleton life tonight :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH/WFW and then another physio appointment. Got home and cooked dinner. I'm looking forward to the EPO being mobile again.
    I might order a hub dynamo and build a winter wheel for the bike that was my old man's. Traditional Dawes gents town bike, but could be a useful winter commuter. Also the only bike I can ride at the moment.
    Should us southerners go out for a pint with HD?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862

No, he is a knob

(though to be fair no worse than the rest of us)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    tlw1 said:

No, he is a knob

(though to be fair no worse than the rest of us)
    I was worried the implication was that we aren't