wednesday, halfway through the week and it's still only wednesday

'ning

looks like wet roads yet again, tubs still surviving

ride cafe and wfh/giro, sample new chocs from mrs s
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry and cold, looks like a cafe ride this morning @9 o’clock with the local club, besides that not a lot to report .
    Have a good day
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Morning?
    Already?
    Haven't even been to bed yet :lol:
    Did someone say it was Wednesday? Well that's good to know, 'cos I haven't got a clue.
    Off to Birmingham in 30 minutes or so, another day of bad news, but once it's done it's done. The OH has taken an extra night shift at the hospital tonight, can I run her in at 8pm, 90 minutes round trip, so today is going to be a grueller.
    Apart from that another boring day of doing not a lot.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

Unexpected lie in. Must get up and ready for yoga.
    Forecast is looking ok so hopefully the roads will dry out and I'll get a bike ride in later.

There's a very unhappy cat nearby. Not sure what's wrong.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Shoot sleep despite cider, but things coming together to a head with MIL and wife’s job, hopefully if they get sorted today a less active mind will give more sleep.

Missed today’s run, so that later plus some wood stuff.
  • Dads taxi this morning, site meeting later followed by a gym session.

I really do need to get on zwift though and burn some energy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Cargobike said:

...can I run her in at 8pm, 90 minutes round trip...

Any opportunity to grab on the coat tails of your heroic other half eh?!

Off to dump to get rid of last bits of house Nr. 1 job (booked in @ 10,.10) and then get mopping and cleaning plus clean up some cement dust. Weather looks sh1t from in here.
    Must get me a new pair of Pink marigold's on the way.

Fantastic Giro. It would be a total irony of it didn't get all the way to Milan.

See ya later gurls.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, another day of wfh tedium is under way. But at least its humpday. How many different ways are there of saying no before telling someone to sod off is acceptable? I reckon three is acceptable. I've got an online physio appointment at lunchtime, might be a little odd.
    Hope all goes as well as can be TLW and CB. Today being Wednesday I shall go to a pub and have a drink for you, if anyone else would like me to have a drink for them jsut shout.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Have one for me please, I'm on a two week strict diet to get myself going again.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438

...How many different ways are there of saying no before telling someone to sod off is acceptable? ...

one

allowing any more would be condoning their ill-mannered behaviour, they need to learn that 'no' means 'no'
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Dads taxi this morning, site meeting later followed by a gym session.

I really do need to get on zwift though and burn some energy.

Cycling Weekly have got a "club 10" at 6pm, or there's Bologna at 1pm if you fancy something a bit shorter and sharper :wink:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another fine spring day, spent mainly still tidying up garden stuff. Had planned to go riding somewhere today, but by the time I'd finished the designated tasks it was a bit late to bother. Short turbo ride instead, and turned out my legs were on a Jour Sans.

Who am I kidding? I have entire Mois Sans

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Has this been mentioned?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54472414

Happy to have one for you HD.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Busy morning, back to back meetings for 4 hours - yawn. Need to dry out my cycling kit before I use it again as I got a bit soggy on the way home last night. More meetings this afternoon, but with they're minions so they're easy ones that I don't need to prep for.

Time for lunch I guess.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1

Has this been mentioned?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54472414

Happy to have one for you HD.

Often use the home bar for meetings 😎
  • Cargobike
    pinno said:

Cargobike said:

Never a truer word spoken.

We moved to a small market town on the edge of the Peak District a couple of years ago where one of the local ne'er do wells took a particular shine to her. She's always up for a good time.

So started a campaign of psychological terror against me, but far worse physical terror against my OH culminating in him sparking her out on a dark country lane leading back to our house last week leaving her unconcious at the side of the road for most of the night.

Having failed to arrest him on Sunday night, the police have finally got their man today, the OH is giving a witness statement as I type this and he is being tried tomorrow where hopefully he'll be heading back behind bars tomorrow night.

Tonight she will still go in and be the lead doctor in A&E.

Hero doesn't do her justice.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    A 2nd day of at home waiting for truck to get passed fit, had to wait until today for parts to arrive. Should be ready before 5. And they just phoned to say it is.

So took the weather window opportunity to get a gravel bike ride in, stayed dry middle of the day though that wind was/is a cold one. Tried to pick routes avoiding the mud baths as far as possible, which it wasn't always. Had a couple of slip spills in deep rutted byways, the 38s don't do mud well, all v low speed stuff so no probs. Fun though 95% of the time.

I need to get winter gear sorted. With all the Gummint flippity floppity babbling, need to be prepped for outdoor exercise as the escape to sanity, and it won't be good weather like April was.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Cargobike said:

pinno said:

Cargobike said:

We moved to a small market town on the edge of the Peak District a couple of years ago where one of the local ne'er do wells took a particular shine to her. She's always up for a good time.

So started a campaign of psychological terror against me, but far worse physical terror against my OH culminating in him sparking her out on a dark country lane leading back to our house last week leaving her unconcious at the side of the road for most of the night.

Having failed to arrest him on Sunday night, the police have finally got their man today, the OH is giving a witness statement as I type this and he is being tried tomorrow where hopefully he'll be heading back behind bars tomorrow night.

Blimey. Thumbs up to her for picking herself up off the deck and getting on with things.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Cargobike said:

pinno said:

Cargobike said:

😳
  • Cargobike
    As usual I don't get it right.

He's in court tomorrow for an initial hearing and whether bail will be granted, with the trial likely to be sometime at the beginning of November.

I've literally just come back from Chesterfield Police station having given my version of events in a witness statement too.

As if there wasn't enough going on.....
  • tlw1
    Reminds me of one of my brothers mates who was also a royal marine commando and was getting married, about 10 of them were in the guys local bar all dressed up in no1 uniforms with their hats on the bar and the best man (not a commando) pointed out a guy that had been hassling him.

They walked over asked him to count the hats on the bar and told him if he ever said or did anything else again there would be many more hats and it wouldn’t be a polite chat. Stopped it forevermore
  • Cargobike
    oxoman said:

CB, Hopefully he will be struck down with something nasty or locked up without bail.

The twat has been granted bail. I've just been informed that he's getting drunk in town with his pond life mates and bigging himself up.

Perhaps the OH is right and it's time for another house move, we've only been here in Ashbourne a couple of years as it is, but the thought that we can walk into him or his mates any time we venture out isn't a pleasant one.

Never liked the place personally, it's really in the middle of nowhere and always thought we should be living in the Derwent Valley, I've got a place just outside of Matlock, but even there feels too close to the bunch of arseholes.

The OH has family down in Buckinghamshire, on the cusp of the Chilterns. Perhaps this is the incentive to forge a new life closer to her parents and with WFH likely to continue for the foreseeable I only need touch base with the office in Derby a couple of days a week.

We'll see.....
  • Cargobike
    tlw1 said:

Reminds me of one of my brothers mates who was also a royal marine commando and was getting married, about 10 of them were in the guys local bar all dressed up in no1 uniforms with their hats on the bar and the best man (not a commando) pointed out a guy that had been hassling him.

They walked over asked him to count the hats on the bar and told him if he ever said or did anything else again there would be many more hats and it wouldn’t be a polite chat. Stopped it forevermore

I was a "bootneck" myself for over a decade in another life.
    I have considered calling in a few old favours to rectify the situation, but it just brings you down to the pond-lifes level.
    Hopefully, the justice system will deal with him in a fit and proper manner.
    If they don't it's good to have options :lol: