my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Tidying up after last nights dinner party seems to be taking far too long

Wood collection and pub seem to be today’s plan
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Sunday sorting van contents after most of letting property long haul fix.
    Sunny.
    Pancakes had.
    Skate park with toots then feet up bar a bit of cooking.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,408
    Bit quiet in here innit. Good lie in had, dogs walked in the sticks, coffee slurped and lunch eaten. A few jobs and a bit of admin beckons. Oh, the excitement.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Haircut = loss of 1" of shaggy insulation = cold head. First roadie tarmac blast in 3 weeks, this gravelling is taking over, enjoyed the 28mm slick vs the 38mm bobbly. But not yet fully winterised. Should have gone back for the wooly bunnet plus should have added an extra layer, as rather cold out.

Dry though. Good blast. Time for a feet up and catch up on the Giro and on Gent - Wevelgem: should have been in Westvlaanderen this weekend, would have been except for B@stardRona.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sh@gged myself out chasing tennis balls with the dog. I won one race.

Steak for dinner.

New tyres arriving tomorrow. Split in the sidewall of my front one.
  • hopkinb
    Oh, also some new pans coming tomorrow. A large frying pan and a large "stir fry" pan.

Rock and roll.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning

Went for a 'trail' run in the early sunshine which was nice, although my feet ended up soaked.
    Spent the rest of the day figuring out how to stick a little LED light inside the cupboard hinge.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, then made the mistake of going for a run on a sunny Sunday. Richmond Park was full of the living dead, brain dead at any rate. I'm now on week 7 of this couch to 5k nonsense and have realised that I did actually run 5k today. Does that mean I can stop running now because it's just awful.
    Went to see the old dear for a late lunch, took the EPO along. First time she's been out the house since getting back from the 'opsital. Not a particularly exciting outing but good for her to get out for a little while. Was a little uncomfortable moving around and going in the car, at least she enjoyed it.
    Bit of pottering on my return, nothing too major. Quite a pleasant Sunday really
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Just an aside, as an endorsement for outdoor exercise being a v good thing. Yesterday I was feeling a bit feak and weeble, aches, even a little bit of coughing (I still retain my senses of taste and smell, for the latter I have my own internally generated system) so not THAT. And feeling down mentally.

Today. Good 3+ hour road blast. Soft pedal start, legs good, ramp it up a bit. Then a good enjoyable bike ride. Get back. Feel much more positive and much better overall.

Bike riding is Good.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141

I'm now on week 7 of this couch to 5k nonsense and have realised that I did actually run 5k today. Does that mean I can stop running now because it's just awful.

Congratulations.
    You can only stop when you can ride again.

Having the option of a run when you don't feel like riding is useful though.

• hopkinb
    orraloon said:

Get back. Feel much more positive and much better overall.

Bike riding is Good.

^^^

I'd probably be dead if it weren't for the mental health benefits of cycling.

Makes you live in the moment. Endorphins. Burns up the cake.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    V68 - run is good for weight management, cycling is better for everything else
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

...in the sticks,...

What?!

• pinno
    hopkinb said:

I'd probably be dead if it weren't for the mental health benefits of cycling.

Tis true.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,408
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

...in the sticks,...

What?!

Well it's called a country park and it's outside the M25 so it must be the sticks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]