friday has non-trivial features

'ning

dry at last, dry at last etc., nippier though

ride, cafes, webex, giro-based lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    2 hr run to fit in so either an early start or miss pub time (like last night), so off for a run now
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited October 2020
    Morning, much nippier clear skies, dog walked, porridge for breakfast , hopefully get out for a ride this morning, arm and leg warmers will be required.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

2 hr run to fit in so either an early start or miss pub time (like last night), so off for a run now

Now looks like the best time to miss the rain.
  • thistle_
    'Ning

WFH
    Rest

No exertion planned for today.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Now looks like the best time to miss the rain.
    You called it, about three spots of rain hit me as I got home
  • Supported the local establishment last night in advance of may or may not happen next week.
    Fuzzy this morning as I thought that opening a bottle of heavy red when I got was a good idea.
    It was at the time, not so much now...
    Maybe turbo when I get home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    No exercise for me today as I cycled yesterday. May do a run/weights on the weekend if the jobs list isn't too long.

Strifey is walking the hounds out in the Sticks so am enjoying some peace for now, just as well as work is quite busy. New watch arrived yesterday recorded delivery and Strifey only told me this morning - she asked what it was so I said 'probably just the bike parts I ordered' o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Wet morning, spent doing more taxi duty. Threatened to clear up to a nice afternoon, so I went for a long walk. At almost precisely the furthest point from home... sudden and extended downpour.

Fettling old MTB and all good, just needs new brake pads and perhaps shorten the chain as it's a bit slack and jumpy.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Happy Friday. Busy day of wfh with various other interruptions. New windscreen fitted to the Panda, lunch was delivered by Just Eat paid for by work which was a bonus. Lad rang to say they are fully in isolation now as one of his housemates has tested +ve for wuflu. Not a problem as he has lots of work to do for uni so no chance of getting bored. It was bound to happen so maybe better sooner rather than later. Should run later. More computer based dullness before that.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • thistle_

Lad rang to say they are fully in isolation now as one of his housemates has tested +ve for wuflu. Not a problem as he has lots of work to do for uni so no chance of getting bored. It was bound to happen so maybe better sooner rather than later.

Do we all need to post him beer and food?

• veronese68

Lad rang to say they are fully in isolation now as one of his housemates has tested +ve for wuflu. Not a problem as he has lots of work to do for uni so no chance of getting bored. It was bound to happen so maybe better sooner rather than later.

No, he'll be fine. He's already ordered a delivery from morrisons and he has plenty of friends to deliver essential supplies.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608

...and he has plenty of friends to deliver essential supplies.

County Lines?

Early finish. Pelting rain early afternoon, so that's me done. Catch up on the Giro in a bit.

Had planned to call in at 2nd client to do a bit more seasonal maintenance. Was in there last week and she warned me that as neighbours are getting their thatched roof re-ridged this week, there would be a scaffolding 'bridge' put over over her gateway and drive so might be awkward to get past. Awkward? The scaffolder numpties have blocked off her gate completely and I saw her car was inside. I can see some 'interesting' neighbourly conversations happening.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    15 post holes, 4 bags of post crete, 8 lengths of 2x3 CLS and 14 x 4.8m 150mm decking... finished in 5 hours flat (out) in rain, hail, wind and 15 minutes of sunshine! I'm fooked.

Send beer and food.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

15 post holes, 4 bags of post crete, 8 lengths of 2x3 CLS and 14 x 4.8m 150mm decking... finished in 5 hours flat (out) in rain, hail, wind and 15 minutes of sunshine! I'm fooked.

When's the hot tub arriving?
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

The scaffolder numpties have blocked off her gate completely and I saw her car was inside. I can see some 'interesting' neighbourly conversations happening.

Potential caption competition material.

• veronese68
    orraloon said:

The scaffolder numpties have blocked off her gate completely and I saw her car was inside. I can see some 'interesting' neighbourly conversations happening.

Road I live in is made up of Victorian semis with the front doors coming out the side and what is effectively a shared path between every other house. Although some put a little fence up along the middle. There was one house opposite having work done by a local roofer I know. Scaffold poles were all placed as far to the sides as possible, wrapped in padding up to the 6' mark and placed so as not to block access to any doors or gates. At the same time my delightful neighbours were having their loft done. Poles were 3/4 of the way across the path so making their other neighbour's access, the last pole stopped their back gate from opening. In spite of complaints it was there for 6 months. I would have got the angle grinder out after a week or 2.

• Stevo_666

No, he'll be fine. He's already ordered a delivery from morrisons and he has plenty of friends to deliver essential supplies.
    Sounds like most students will have it before too long. Stropteen is luckily in catered halls so they are bringing food up to them. At least the full lecture schedule starts on Monday so they won't be too bored after the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

Sounds like most students will have it before too long. Stropteen is luckily in catered halls so they are bringing food up to them.
    Blimey, that sounds luxurious.
    We had to traipse down to the canteen about 500m away and if you weren't in for breakfast by 8 you went hungry!

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well, today was a washout, or rather, fog out. Lots of achieve data being dragged out though low temps and likely rain make it interesting.
    Anyway day off tomorrow playing with some 2X3 CLS myself but for far smaller project than Pinnos
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    orraloon said:

County Lines?
    Dark... :#

Cleared the eaves storage space to make room for the outdoor sofa cushions - we've accepted that we won't be sitting out there again until 2021. Fook me, that was a job. I have several lumps 'pon ma heed, as there's not much head room. Also the sheer amount of shyyyyyyyytttttteeeeee that Mrs H3 collects is stupendous. No fewer than 5 duvets, none of which have seen the light of day since the loft conversion was finished in 2014. A dozen or more empty boxes, 4 air mattresses, an air bed, bags upon bags upon bags of clothes that again, have not been worn in 6 years. Boxes of bank statements and assorted (unopened) post from the early 00's. A knackered buggy (just in case someone wants it - who wants a fcuking knackered buggy?) All gone now.

Now there are the outdoor cushions, the Christmas decorations, the suitcases and the camping equipment. I can now also finally clear out the last few bits from storage e.g. my golf bats (though to be fair I haven't used them for 5 years and I should sell them) and stop having to pay Big Yellow every month.

Ma heed doesn't half nip though from all the contact with the beams.

Having a couple of vodkas for a change. With some cured saucisson from the posh deli up the village and some dill pickles from the same. A nip of voddie, a bite of sausage and the pickle to cleanse the palate. The 200 ml bottle says it has 7.6 units of alcohol, so I'm officially a binge drinker. I suppose that's the same as three 500 ml tins of 5% beer.

Nasssty main crossword in the times today. Still looking at the last few unsolved clues resentfully.

• hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

Stropteen is luckily in catered halls so they are bringing food up to them.

I did my first year in catered halls. An excellent decision, given the nutrition-free crap I ate for the next 2 years when I had to fend for myself, well, I knew how to cook, i just had "better" ways to spend my meagre funds, and subsisted on toast and super noodles. The breakfast in halls on a Saturday was superb, they served until 11, and despite it being Southampton, they did properly delicious black pudding. Unfortunately for some reason they didn't do anything at all on a Sunday, so it was a packet of biscuits or a trip to the chippy up the road.

• thistle_
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

County Lines?
    Dark... :#
    Could be a legitimate and profitable career change for the mules right now - text them your food/beer order and it gets dropped off outside your house.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

Send beer and food.

Wood or composite decking? I <3 my composite decking.
  • tlw1
    Re student eating, within the first week realised one guy could cook and would cater for a pint a meal and a pint for ironing your shirt. Still can’t cook or iron
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stropteen is luckily in catered halls so they are bringing food up to them.

I did my first year in catered halls. An excellent decision, given the nutrition-free censored I ate for the next 2 years when I had to fend for myself, well, I knew how to cook, i just had "better" ways to spend my meagre funds, and subsisted on toast and super noodles. The breakfast in halls on a Saturday was superb, they served until 11, and despite it being Southampton, they did properly delicious black pudding. Unfortunately for some reason they didn't do anything at all on a Sunday, so it was a packet of biscuits or a trip to the chippy up the road.

Sounds similar, except that a gang of us moved back into halls in third year as we couldn't be arsed to cook and we took over the running of the hall bar :)
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Send beer and food.

Wood or composite decking? I <3 my composite decking. </p>
    No way am I forking out for composite decking for a rental property.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Send beer and food.

Fair enough. Its not cheap.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Send beer and food.

Nor are law suits from people slipping on slimy decking :o
  • pinno

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Send beer and food.

Nor are law suits from people slipping on slimy decking :o
    Shouldn't be too bad - there's no trees in the vicinity.