Gears jumping after moving to trainer

I put my bike on the direct drive trainer. Moved the rear cassette across and now it skips in the 15 in both the big and small rings but the rest of them are all fine. Any ideas what is wrong with it?

I took the cassette off and checked the gears but they all look fine and in good condition. Its a very new cassette and chain that gave no issue on the bike before this week. I have tried adjusting the rear derailleur low and high and it just skips like made either way.

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Sounds like you need to index your gears. It’s a easy fix with plenty of informed knowledge on YouTube.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,622
    The tolerances on trainers seem to be poor. Mine came with an array of crude die cast spacers and I reckon the thru axle is perhaps 0.1 or 0.2 mm too narrow and the QR requires me to noticeably pry the rear fork apart.
  • Get a wheel on dumb trainer. There are no such issues with them.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    edited October 2020
    The OP has a direct drive smart trainer, how does your advice help?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    As munchie has implied he is a coach in the past, maybe he is the dumb trainer he talking about.