All-new Canyon Aeroad revealed

Internal cables, disc only and an innovate folding cockpit. Canyon's flagship aero bike gets the full update treatment: https://theobsessivecyclist.com/2020/10/06/2021-canyon-aeroad-updated/

Comments

• joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    Ugly as f@ck
  • brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited October 2020
    Typically fugly for an aero rig, however, I am super tempted by the CFR with the SR EPS groupset. That’s a whole lot of bike for less than 10K
  • It looks like the old Aeroad.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    joe2019 said:

Ugly as f@ck

Ugly partners fuck better as they're more grateful.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    slowmart said:

joe2019 said:

Ugly as f@ck

Ugly partners censored better as they're more grateful.
    :)

But then you have to look at them when you're sober.

• zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited October 2020
    It seems like Canyon is playing catch-up with the others. My aero bike already had fully integrated cables, so that is nothing new.

The "compliance" thing looks less advanced that some other aero bikes have.

So I see no point of buying this 2021 bike.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,612
    slowmart said:

joe2019 said:

Ugly as f@ck

So do fat ones. Perhaps a SystemSix?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    edited October 2020
    mrb123 said:

slowmart said:

joe2019 said:

Ugly as f@ck

There are some bikes you only want to ride when it’s dark and your mates aren’t around.

zest28 said:

It seems like Canyon is playing catch-up with the others. My aero bike already had fully integrated cables, so that is nothing new.

Have you taken the time to evaluate the new aeroroad? If you had you wouldn’t make such a comment.

I’d point you to the adjustable handlebars which allow you to alter the width of the bars and the choice of a slammed stem or 15mm stack without removing the stem? All great innovations which provide the rider flexibility without the expense.

Oh and the price point, weight and quality of components are also head turning in terms of value.

Oh and the business model, direct from the manufacturer was also industry leading.

I ride a Tarmac and I’ve only bought Specialized bikes for the last 10 years but this latest offering from Canyon is more commercially compelling than the new SL7 which was marketing BS rather than real world gains.

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    slowmart said:

mrb123 said:

slowmart said:

joe2019 said:

Ugly as f@ck

There are some bikes you only want to ride when it’s dark and your mates aren’t around.

zest28 said:

Have you taken the time to evaluate the new aeroroad? If you had you wouldn’t make such a comment.

I’d point you to the adjustable handlebars which allow you to alter the width of the bars and the choice of a slammed stem or 15mm stack without removing the stem? All great innovations which provide the rider flexibility without the expense.

Oh and the price point, weight and quality of components are also head turning in terms of value.

Oh and the business model, direct from the manufacturer was also industry leading.

I ride a Tarmac and I’ve only bought Specialized bikes for the last 10 years but this latest offering from Canyon is more commercially compelling than the new SL7 which was marketing BS rather than real world gains.

The design of the aerobar is just flat, so it looks quite basic like much older aerobars. You may like it but I don’t.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Not my thing at all, but my brother has one of the "old" Aeroads and it's a great bike to ride.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited October 2020
    Disc only offering, it’s a no from me.