Tacx Neo Grinding Noise

I know this is quite a common complaint for a Neo but the noise i have seems a bit different. It's almost like disc brake rub or a creaky bottom bracket. It's quite intermittent and happens when my right foot is between the 12 and 3 o'clock position. I have removed the disc and checked it all over inside, cleaned and regreased but it still happens. Has anyone else had this?

It does sound like the disc, or another part, doesn't quite have enough clearance somewhere.

Comments

• phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    edited October 2020
    Are you sure its not in your drivetrain somewhere??

I had a funny noise/knock on mine and traced it to knackered bearings in my pedal 😥

Mine is a dedicated trainer bike so hadnt ridden it outside to check.
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    I don't think so, I have heard the noise with two different bikes. The second being a new bike and it doesn't make any noises outside.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    A common complaint of the neo is the creaking from the unit legs. Could it be that?
  • joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    redvision said:

A common complaint of the neo is the creaking from the unit legs. Could it be that?

Possible, very possible. Is there a way to fix it?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Join the facebook group (13000+ members) for Neo support, stick a video up, and or describe as above, and you'll get plenty of suggestions I am sure.

https://facebook.com/search/top?q=tacx%20neo%20owners%20group
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18