monday au dessus des vieux volcans

'ning

not raining

ride without being rained on, cafes, wfh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining here at the mo, cycling later, really need a proper haircut it’s been a bit diy since April.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Soggius maximus here.

WFH, maybe some zwift later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    rain materialized as i was about to go out, grrr

may just splosh to cafe instead
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rest day so longer walk for the hounds.

Work stuff and then a few jobs aka pup avoidance
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    More rain here short walk with dog due to some localised flooding now back up the hill to safety an to do work.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    It has stopped raining here! Finally. The sun is even peeking out a bit. Will get out in a bit, gravelling but will head uphill rather than anywhere towards The River. Lots of flooding that way. Will make a good change after 2 1/2 days stuck inside.
  • Gym gymed. Swim session booked for after work.

One our group of friends has CV, found out about it via my son on his group chat which the friends son said "nice easy 2 weeks off work for me, mums got corona"

He's obviously concerned...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning

No longer raining in North London. Started off with some early doors, and it's threatening again... but I think we're through it!

WFH - can't get online
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    edited October 2020
    Busy-ish morning, at least its stopped raining and the sun's out now. Still torturing numbers today, wil, run later and have a cider or two. Will also treat myself to a new watch just for the hell of it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • 2 hour tutorial through zoom talking to a list of names and blank faces (once I convince them to turn their camera on!) Recorded for reference but the plugin is falling over so I have no idea if it has recorded or not. No time for bike ride this morning as still uploaded tat to my youtube channel :*B):*
    But I'm down with kids, or something.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Son's taxi duties this morning in the rain, ferrying the old dear to dermatologist and on to the Hell of the Shopping Centre.

Afternoon of cleaning up a load of old timber, mostly designated firewood but some will be on the disposal pile. Builder coming tomorrow afternoon to review plans for water tanks.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    Stevo_666 said:

Busy-ish morning, at least its stopped raining and the sun's out now. Still torturing numbers today, wil, run later and have a cider or two. Will also treat myself to a new watch just for the hell of it.

What watch are you buying?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

What watch are you buying?
    Oris Propilot GMT. Always liked my watches but have not bought one in donkeys years.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Nice. I added a Tag Heuer smartwatch to my little collection, a couple of months ago. Love it - looks the part and I love the widgets!
    Ben

• step83
    I need to get the back of my Rotary automatic, needs adjusting as its running way to fast, seems to gain about two hours a day. Been using my Garmin Vivoactive for ages but prefer the simplicity of a normal watch.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Can't remember the last time I wore a watch. 2005 perhaps.

Couple new experiences on the mainly gravel with some sticky mud patches ride. First visit of TPF with a massive thorn to the new gravel bike, need to get on with the tubeless conversion, even if I have about 1/2 dozen correct size tubes for these tyres. That not so much fun.

What was fun was getting buzzed by a Chinook helicopter. Up on the Ridgeway, going along the top of the ridge, could hear the thump thump getting louder, then there it was alongside me, felt like it was about 100m away but flying exactly level with me. Got a thrill in me bones.
  • step83
    orraloon said:

Can't remember the last time I wore a watch. 2005 perhaps.

Couple new experiences on the mainly gravel with some sticky mud patches ride. First visit of TPF with a massive thorn to the new gravel bike, need to get on with the tubeless conversion, even if I have about 1/2 dozen correct size tubes for these tyres. That not so much fun.

What was fun was getting buzzed by a Chinook helicopter. Up on the Ridgeway, going along the top of the ridge, could hear the thump thump getting louder, then there it was alongside me, felt like it was about 100m away but flying exactly level with me. Got a thrill in me bones.

And a brown stain in your pants
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Nice. I added a Tag Heuer smartwatch to my little collection, a couple of months ago. Love it - looks the part and I love the widgets!

Never knew TAG did smartwatches! They look quite good. I've got a couple of Protreks for cycling, jobs etc and a couple of knackered old G Shocks from years gone by. The Swiss stuff has spent far too much time on the drawer recently though, so time to get them out again.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    What's a watch grandad? :)

Totally knackered for some reason. must get an early night. Expect I'm getting old.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

What's a watch grandad? :)

Reminds me of this:
    https://youtu.be/DvswW6M7bMo

Some of us appreciate the finer things in life ;)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited October 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

Are you accusing me, possibly the biggest food and wine ponce on bottom bracket of not appreciating the finer things in life?!

:):)

I suppose my phone tells me the time in the same way that a pot noodle is food, or blossom hill/echo falls is wine.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

Are you accusing me, possibly the biggest food and wine ponce on bottom bracket of not appreciating the finer things in life?!

:):)

I suppose my phone tells me the time in the same way that a pot noodle is food, or blossom hill/echo falls is wine.
    Would I ever do that? :) You're definitely what you claim to be, but at the risk of annoying SG, it might be a bit of a low bar...

The main difference is that mine aren't rented :p
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    now now, don't be nasty to each other

i'd be a disappointing gourmand, i tend to the simple, the pandemic has been a delightful respite from being dragged to the latest trendy restaurants by mrs s

bubbly and port though, that's me :smiley:
  • Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Never knew TAG did smartwatches! They look quite good. I've got a couple of Protreks for cycling, jobs etc and a couple of knackered old G Shocks from years gone by. The Swiss stuff has spent far too much time on the drawer recently though, so time to get them out again.
    I have a lovely Tokyoflash infection watch. Topical.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH and WFW, mercifully few idiots to contend with. I'm sure tomorrow will compensate.
    I do like a watch, although my puny wrists mean a big watch looks a bit silly. Still got my old TAG from about 25 years ago I use most days. You'd think a tosser like me would have wrists like Popeye.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

now now, don't be nasty to each other

i'd be a disappointing gourmand, i tend to the simple, the pandemic has been a delightful respite from being dragged to the latest trendy restaurants by mrs s

bubbly and port though, that's me :smiley:

It's OK SG, we've met a few times personally and professionally and we know how to play nicely.

I don't mind trendy restaurants as long as they're on expenses :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2020

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Just googled that - never seen anything like that before. Proper Japanese off the wall stuff.
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks,
    Busy day of WFH and WFW, mercifully few idiots to contend with. I'm sure tomorrow will compensate.
    I do like a watch, although my puny wrists mean a big watch looks a bit silly. Still got my old TAG from about 25 years ago I use most days. You'd think a censored like me would have wrists like Popeye.

You'd be surprised V, I've got proper girly wrists but no problems wearing a 47mm 'Italian Job'.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Just googled that - never seen anything like that before. Proper Japanese off the wall stuff.
    It's the kind of watch that only tells one time and never fails: If you cant work out the time, it's time to go home...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

It's the kind of watch that only tells one time and never fails
    I thought you meant like an old school watch that you'd forgotten to wind u and had stopped.

I just googled it as well and agree, it looks lovely.