The champ

And err that bike

Comments

• zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited October 2020
    And on disc brakes too, like last year.

However you will still have plenty of noobs who think it is rim brakes which wins races rather than the strong ass legs of the athlete.

Hopefully next year he can spice up the TdF again, because this year he remained under the radar except for trying to win a few stage races.
  • He isn't a GT rider so he won't spice up the tdf in any meaningful way.

Not sure the s works sl7 can be had in rim brake variety.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    zest28 said:

However you will still have plenty of noobs who think it is rim brakes which wins races rather than the strong censored legs of the athlete.

Hopefully next year he can spice up the TdF again, because this year he remained under the radar except for trying to win a few stage races.

No you don't.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593

zest28 said:

However you will still have plenty of noobs who think it is rim brakes which wins races rather than the strong censored legs of the athlete.

No you don't.
    And only noobs think it is won due to being on discs as well.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    The only people who seem obsessed about type of braking seem to be MTBers or triathletes getting into road cycling. Most people I know who have followed road cycling for years generally couldn't care about it. I don't understand the obsession with it in some quarters.
  • And err that bike

Scrummy, yummy. More full on colour schemes please.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    I think Ganna has won the paint job battle.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Seems thoroughly unoffensive to me...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • zest28 said:

And plenty of people who think it’s the legs that produce the bulk of the power, when it’s actually the glutes. The legs just transmit the power, the better they are, the less generated power is lost in translation.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Very 90s colour scheme.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    edited October 2020
    Wearing a Richard Mille by the looks of it (the same hugely expensive, hugely ostentatious watch brand Cav has had a long association with and who sponsor Bahrain Mclaren).

Even though that's obviously an expensive bike the watch is probably getting on for 10x the price.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Today - The Chump?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,509
    edited October 2020
    Pross said:

The only people who seem obsessed about type of braking seem to be MTBers or triathletes getting into road cycling. Most people I know who have followed road cycling for years generally couldn't care about it. I don't understand the obsession with it in some quarters.

My only concern is that I don't want it to become like 26 inch wheels where it is now hard to buy them.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

Wearing a Richard Mille by the looks of it (the same hugely expensive, hugely ostentatious watch brand Cav has had a long association with and who sponsor Bahrain Mclaren).

Even though that's obviously an expensive bike the watch is probably getting on for 10x the price.

Although as people have pointed out the time on the watch is always the same and always wrong. So it's probably not a real watch (but he does have an association with RM)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190

Pross said:

My only concern is that I don't want it to become like 26 inch wheels where it is now hard to buy them.
    No, thats a good point, crazy to think that now , they where seemingly on everything bar road bikes at one time.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,066

Richard Mille - the watch you'd bin if it fell out of a Christmas cracker they're that tacky.
  • bobmcstuff
    RichN95. said:

Although as people have pointed out the time on the watch is always the same and always wrong. So it's probably not a real watch (but he does have an association with RM)
    Interesting, hadn't spotted that. Just saw him wearing it at LBL - the tonneau shape is pretty distinctive. Makes sense that it wouldn't be a real one as it is a £100k+ watch, depending on the model.
  • ddraver
    jam1e said:

Richard Mille - the watch you'd bin if it fell out of a Christmas cracker they're that tacky.
    I mean, if it was worth 120k I'd probs stick it on eBay but...whevs
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    ddraver said:

jam1e said:

I mean, if it was worth 120k I'd probs stick it on eBay but...whevs

All those WatchFinders adverts have gone to waste it seems
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249

More than 10x apparently. wears it during the races!!
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    jam1e said:

At least it's not a Hublot
  • ddraver
    Poor Ned Boulting (who I very much admire, to be clear) is finding out on twitter that not everyone thinks quite as highly of dear Julian as he does...
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    ddraver said:

Poor Ned Boulting (who I very much admire, to be clear) is finding out on twitter that not everyone thinks quite as highly of dear Julian as he does...

You can see why a commentator would like him.

Ned should embrace the good guy/bad guy narrative a bit more - get a bit more punch & judy going.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,509
    ddraver said:

Does Ned think he did anything other than ruin the sprint?
  • RichN95.
    ddraver said:

At the other end of the spectrum, Wiggins really doesn't like him
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    RichN95. said:

ddraver said:

How come?

• RichN95.

RichN95. said:

ddraver said:

How come?

Basically he thinks he's arrogant
  • bobmcstuff
    I don't know how you can watch that last few km and not have anything negative to say about Alaphilippe. Really erratic. I know he is normally pretty hyperactive but not usually like that.

Seems like a turbo Voeckler, lots of showboating but Alaphilippe actually has the skills to back it up.