Sweet spot everyday?

According to my fitness tracker, I can do sweet spot training almost every single day. My fitness metrics are still in elite fitness category after doing sweet spot training every day. My FTP is set correctly as the FTP test did give the number I realistically hold for over 1 hour.

However some people said you should only do it 2 to 3 times per week. So are they full of sh*t?

Now, I admit. These are not longer the 2 hour+ sweet spot training sessions I have been doing. I expect those would destroy me if I do these everyday.

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I would ask on a triathlon forum because as you pointed out on another thread, triathletes are better than professional cyclists.
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited October 2020
    webboo said:

I would ask on a triathlon forum because as you pointed out on another thread, triathletes are better than professional cyclists.

Nothing to see here. He is probably mad that I run faster than he can cycle.

Maybe he is also into me as he is always stalking my posts.

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I've found that since I'm working from home I'm doing daily sweet spot.

I'm also riding my bike more.
    Insert bike here:
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    zest28 said:

webboo said:

Nothing to see here. He is probably mad that I run faster than he can cycle.

Maybe he is also into me as he is always stalking my posts.

Dream on sonny.
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    zest28 said:

According to my fitness tracker, I can do sweet spot training almost every single day. My fitness metrics are still in elite fitness category after doing sweet spot training every day. My FTP is set correctly as the FTP test did give the number I realistically hold for over 1 hour.

However some people said you should only do it 2 to 3 times per week. So are they full of sh*t?

Now, I admit. These are not longer the 2 hour+ sweet spot training sessions I have been doing. I expect those would destroy me if I do these everyday.

I don't understand your post. You do SS almost every single day but you expect they would destroy you if you do them every day? Your last sentence is confusing.

In terms of whether you should or shouldn't do it, it comes down to your goals really. The people who say you should only do SS 2-3 times a week aren't necessarily "full of sh*t", context is everything in training and advice.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Think about other aspects beside sweetspot, longevity and not burning out mentally and physically but as Maryka rightly points out, context is everything.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu