Couple of pics of my new ride that I received this week

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I cant see what it is yet. :)
    Nice though.
  • I cant see what it is yet. :)
    Nice though.

Boardman on the seat stay may be a clue ....
  • It's the new Boardman MTR 8.8
    Really happy with it
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited October 2020

I cant see what it is yet. :)
    Nice though.

Boardman on the seat stay may be a clue ....
    Now you have said "Boardman" I can see it quite clearly, before it was just squiggles. Nice colour.

• 203mm disk upgrade

• Out having some winter fun

• I added some grip tape to the dropper leaver, this made so much difference
  • robertbruce1983
    robertbruce1983 Posts: 17
    edited December 2020
    Loving the oil slick parts
    Also converted to tubeless

• Loving the oil slick parts

Does that mean you like riding around roundabouts?
    Shouldn’t that cable/hose go around the bottom bracket or has it been cut too short?

• Loving the oil slick parts

Does that mean you like riding around roundabouts?
    Shouldn’t that cable/hose go around the bottom bracket or has it been cut too short?

This was how the bike was delivered, but i see what you are saying, when i have the cranks out i will see if this can go under the BB
    thanks
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited December 2020

In all the photos I have seen of the MTR 8.x bikes the hose is routed as shown in robertbruce1983's (i.e. above the bb shell).

“Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA said:

In all the photos I have seen of the MTR 8.x bikes the hose is routed as shown in robertbruce1983's (i.e. above the bb shell).

That is how it goes. If you look you’ll see a little guide channel designed into the frame to take it over the top of the BB cups. It’s designed to stop it getting broken if something hits the underneath of the BB ( rock, ledge, tree root etc.) it’s quite a neat idea.
  • JBA said:

That is how it goes. If you look you’ll see a little guide channel designed into the frame to take it over the top of the BB cups. It’s designed to stop it getting broken if something hits the underneath of the BB ( rock, ledge, tree root etc.) it’s quite a neat idea.
    Thanks for clearing that up
    It does make sense
  • New brakes fitted and what a difference they made