Giro 2020 - Stage 2: Alcamo – Agrigento 149 km *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Nearly for Sagan ..needed someone to help close the gap
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited October 2020
    Ulissi, Sagan, Honoré, Matthews, Wackerman, Almeida.

Nibali first home of the experienced GC boys.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Sagan looked pretty sluggish there compared to ullisi
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Ganna hung on well in the end
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Matthews hmmmm
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Sagan looked pretty sluggish there compared to ullisi

On the other hand he looked spritely compared to the rest of the fast men when it came to chasing him down out of the bunch.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    thought it was more Sagan chose the wrong side to go round Honoré, had to check momentum and that gave Ullisi the gap he needed to win
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,509
    I feel like Ulisi wins a stage like that every year at the Giro
  • Looked to me like Ulissi had to hang around waiting for someone to sprint against. Was never losing that.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    alan_a said:

On s4c iPlayer

OMFG... This is A MAZE ING.

Switched it on and first words were

Geraint Thomas Welsh word Tirrano Adricco, Welsh word Duaphine, Welsh word Welsh word Pantani.

This is better than trying to understand Sporza.

Out of interest, who are the Welsh commentary team? Is cycling a regular thing in S4C ?
    Seems to be but only highlights. If you go to S4c you need to type sieclo which is welsh for cycling. Highlights are on the player for a month so you can watch it again. usually they go on after 9.30pm. the welsh commentary is quite good in an excited 'foreign' way. Obviously not as passionate as the Italian.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    S4C have tended to do live coverage of the National Trophy and Nationals in cyclo-cross when my club hosted it. They do highlights of the junior races and full coverage of the Elite men and women. The local kids love it as those who can speak Welsh often get interviewed.