sunday has emergent phenomena

'ning

rain:sunshine ratio still the wrong way around

ride wearing things more waterproof than yesterday's, drink coffee, eat cake, perhaps watch giro
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunshine 0% , grey skies rain 100%, hope it’s better today but at the moment it does not look that way, stronger wind as well
    Not sure what to do today, but Will definitely Be watchIng the giro
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863
    Think I’m going to wear boots to walk the hounds 😢

1.5hr run to fit in with dad taxi stuff
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,331
    Bit damp here. Was very damp overnight.

What with modern tech (ave speeds in excess of 55kph), a short TT course (with a descent?!), why bother with 15k? Recipe for disaster if you ask me.

But hopefully stage 2 will dampen fresh legs. I wonder how falling leaves and damp roads will affect things.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,535
    castelli idro, diluvio overshoes, ros cap, nano bibs, tempesta overpants, with many scorpions i was dry in the wet

tubs remain uncut, but regents park now has a lake instead of a road, and mount hampstead has a transit squashed under a tree, it's so dangerous out in the sticks

saw a few forlorn and soggy marathonists heading for hypothermia
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Brave outing there sg. Hasn't stopped raining in these parts for past 2 days plus it's squally / gusty. No ta. Supposed to ease off by this evening...will see...

Lots of racing to ogle. Womens' LBL finish is a good watch.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,147
    Had a palava with my power meter this morning (needed a hard reset) and just managed to get on the group zwift ride in time.
    Don't know why I bothered rushing because the ride leader was well off the pace and kept getting dropped.

It's stopped raining here now and brightening up a bit, which will help with the recovery from the trauma of the supermarket trip.
    sungod said:

tubs remain uncut, but regents park now has a lake instead of a road, and mount hampstead has a transit squashed under a tree, it's so dangerous out in the sticks

Wonder if the transit drove into it, 11foot8 style.

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning

Might go and run a half marathon.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,481
    Been to the tip. Dog outing postponed in the vain hope that the rain might ease off, but will now have to bite the bullet. Followed by pumping some water out of the pond as it's over full now. Ah the joys of Autumn.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, not worth going out too much as it's more than a bit grim. Anyone would think it's October. Might go for a run later, nothing like a half marathon of course. Might tinker in the garage and try to ride a bicycle round the block to see if I can.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Back to retirement. Bit of catching up on jobs round here to do, but hey, there's time. Unfortunately the weather has come over all British the last couple of days. Found a new leak in the roof to fix as a result, sod it.

Spent a fair chunk of the weekend in the shed fettling bikes. Looks like I have a busted shifter cable adjuster thingy on one.

Need to replace blades on the GBFO lawnmower but it's a b@st@rd of a job.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Did 10km in the end, saw sense.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    It wet. Bowling green has flooded. I've been hanging pictures all morning. Definitely need someone to come look at the loft velux seals.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,147
    Ben6899 said:

Did 10km in the end, saw sense.

:smile:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,331
    hopkinb said:

It wet. Bowling green has flooded. I've been hanging pictures all morning. Definitely need someone to come look at the loft velux seals.

I'll come and do it on Friday*.

*They all say that don't they?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, much flooding here, woods have rivers down one end now instead of trails access roads are a wash so binned off riding. Been doing boring things like tidying and washing the dog, dozy thing decided to nod off in the shower so that was amusing.
    Anyway dinner and hide from the rain again.