Road Tubeless for winter 28mm recommendations

Used GP5000 TL in the summer dry roads but looking for recommendations for 28mm tubeless for winter.
I found in the summer the GP5000 cut up a lot less on Hampshire flint roads compared to the old tubed Schwalbe Ones.

Comments

• RedClip
    RedClip Posts: 110
    Pirelli Cinturato Velo TLR
    https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews/pirelli-cinturato-velo-2018
    Excellent puncture protection :)

Wiggle seem to be currently to cheapest for the 28mm version. Compared to Merlin & Amazon, for example.
  • I used Hutchinson Fusion 5 all seasons last year which were good, no punctures and they had lots of grip.
    I've also heard good things about the above mentioned Pirellis.
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    Ive gone for tubeless IRC formula Pro X-Guards from https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collections/road-tyres/products/irc-formula-pro-x-guard-tl-tyres
    Expensive but reportedly excellent
  • I've ridden 28mm pro ones tubeless all year round for two years in all weathers in Hampshire with no issues
  • iantr
    iantr Posts: 31
    Pro Ones get my vote too. Not the longest lasting tyre, but very comfortable and grippy in all conditions. I’m yet to have a [deleted] ...
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    I'm considering just keeping GP5000's on for the winter. Anyone got any thoughts?
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    ^ FWIW, I have been using Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless on my summer wheels on my Cervelo - and wouldn't call them a winter tyre - hence why im using the IRCs for commuting / training on my Canyon Grail.
    ive just bought a set of 32mm Conti GP5000s TL to go on my carbon wheels for next spring to replace the 28mm Pro Ones ive been using - ive found the grip & feel of the Pro-ones very good, but prone to cutting up due to the soft compound.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I run schwalbe pro onesin the summer , and irc x guards in the winter the x guards seem bomb proof to me
  • I'm going to try leaving my Corsa TLR's on over the winter (they are fantastic) and see what happens.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337

I used Hutchinson Fusion 5 all seasons last year which were good, no punctures and they had lots of grip.
    I've also heard good things about the above mentioned Pirellis.

Seconded. I use Hutchinson Fusion 5 tubeless (Performance and All-season) on three separate wheelsets, and have never had any issues with punctures on any of them.