Pocketgate Remco

2»

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    'Tell me Mr Lappartient, what first attracted you to the Turkmenistani multi-millionaire Igor Makarov?'
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited September 2020

'Tell me Mr Lappartient, what first attracted you to the Turkmenistani multi-millionaire Igor Makarov?'

'I saw the Turkmenistan President and saw a cyclist like Contador but better'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBAJ5lXW6DM
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    RichN95. said:

sherer said:

hope this is a one off. Dont want the UCI to start searching twiiter for crazy theories and opening investigations.

No, we wouldn't want an investigation into why the UCI awarded next year's track Worlds to a dictatorship that rivals North Korea that has never previously sent a rider to the Worlds and where Lappartient's main backer Igor Makarov (a native of the country) has substantial business interests. Or why the UCI awarded said dictator the UCI's highest honour* 'not awarded to anyone since 2007'. But that's not on twitter, it's not sportswashing like a Land Rover knock off.

*The two previous President's don't know what this honour is.
    Turkmenistan is nothing like North Korea unless things have changed dramatically in the last few year years. Sure Türkmenbaşy had the quite exceptional revolving golden statue made amongst a host of other things, but his successor has toned things down. The people have considerably more freedom than North Korea.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Lappartient's whole agenda is driven by Twitter. Why is anyone surprised by this?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Empty suits do get blown around every which way.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    I found this genuinely heartwarming. Except for the techno. His recovery is way ahead of where I was expecting.
    I hope the lingering shots of his behind and back pockets is a “you can kiss my @rse” to his doubters...

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    Wonder if he'll do the Vuelta, or is that a bit soon?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    He'll win it!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Investigation closed after finding nothing

Outstanding work guys... 🙄
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver