'ning

smidge milder, dry

ride, cafes, wfh against overwhelming laziness
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited September 2020
    Morning, a bit milder here that cold wind has dropped at last, dog walked, breakfast consumed, coffee busy day again , lts about time I retired for good
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Chilled day planned
  • Brrr, a bit nippy. Now I know what what it's like up north... and I dont like it. Still, at least its sunny. Will cycle in to work after a few zoom meetings. Hopefully it will be warmer by then.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    'ning

WFH
    maybe some Zwift

Bit sore after yesterday's antics.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    More work, quick trip down to the shop to get supplies and pack the car later on. There must be some competition on to see how much stuff you can take to Uni as Stropteen is doing her best to win it. Lucky I bought that roofbox...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    'ning

first day back after >2weeks away. Having work-life balance discussions with my manager; this break has been eye opening with regards to my MH. It's the first time I've had a restful fortnight (let's be honest, "normal" holidays with sight seeing etc can be tiring) in years and although I don't expect to enter retirement just yet, I think I can make improvements to make myself happy/happier.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Well that was a heavy weekend...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Ben6899 said:

'ning

first day back after >2weeks away. Having work-life balance discussions with my manager; this break has been eye opening with regards to my MH. It's the first time I've had a restful fortnight (let's be honest, "normal" holidays with sight seeing etc can be tiring) in years and although I don't expect to enter retirement just yet, I think I can make improvements to make myself happy/happier.

Good luck in the discussions
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bleeaaarrrgghhh.

On the go since 8.

• tlw1

Well that was a heavy weekend...

Aren’t they all?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    hopkinb said:

Bleeaaarrrgghhh.

On the go since 8.

half day?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

Bleeaaarrrgghhh.

On the go since 8.

half day?
    Heh heh. Old ones are the best.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Got most of the junk packed in the car, tank brimmed and will do the roof box tomorrow morning. Time for a drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    our own correspondent reports that we're now surrounded by the plague, only the thames remains open to ferry pussycats, women and children through to the richmond maquisards

though soon the zombie hordes will be at the borders, with the port lodged in harrods' vaults, our heroic resistance shall lead the fight back from the derry & toms roof garden, then advance to crush them in glorious victory

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Evening folks, busy day of wfhao. This was followed by a slow run then takeaway pizzas. Now slobbing on the couch.
    River bike now has pedals and is ready for its next adventure. I think it belongs in the river, it's awful. A single speed shopper with a triple on the front. It's a gem.
  • thistle_

River bike now has pedals and is ready for its next adventure. I think it belongs in the river, it's awful. A single speed shopper with a triple on the front. It's a gem.

...available on eBay for £400

• thistle_
    sungod said:

our own correspondent reports that we're now surrounded by the plague,

Similar situation here.
    I knew it was dodgy to the east but now apparently the north and west is possibly getting a local lockdown all of a sudden.

That means the only safe passage is via....Shropshire.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300

...available on eBay for £400

I wish, I'm embarrassed to be giving it away. Going to a charity that helps homeless get back on their feet, having a bike makes it easier to get somewhere to work.
  • tlw1

sungod said:

our own correspondent reports that we're now surrounded by the plague,

Similar situation here.
    I knew it was dodgy to the east but now apparently the north and west is possibly getting a local lockdown all of a sudden.

That means the only safe passage is via....Shropshire.
    I know! Just changed our route for escape from Meriden to England rather than wales