Can't shift on Wahoo Kicker Core

Today I bought a Wahoo Kicker Core, installed a 105 cassette put the bike on and I can't shift into my 34 tooth gear. My shifting outside on the road is excellent no problems at all but on the trainer it won't go into my easiest gear.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Sounds like you need a spacer on the core before you put the cassette on to shift it over slightly.
    Is it a 10 speed cassette? I think you need a spacer to use a 10 speed cassette on an 11 speed hub for example.
  • I use an 11speed cassette.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Sometimes the offset on the turbo is different to your road wheel. You may need to adjust the limit screw and indexing.

Do you use a 34t normally?
  • I only have one bike at the moment which I was hoping to be able to switch between turbo and outdoor rides effortlessly this winter, so adjusting limit screw and reindexing every week may be too much faff for me. Didn't realise this would have been an issue when ordering turbo!

The bike (Giant Contend) came with a 34 which I use occasionally on bigger climbs. Would it matter if I just left the gears as they are and just did without the last gear on the turbo without causing any damage etc?
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Yeah that'd be fine. Just make sure it's not chattering too much (if it needs indexing)

Most are okay when it comes to changing them, I switch both my bikes on and off my Neo and have no issues (one is disc too)