saturday on anarres

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited September 2020 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brrrr

ride in the freezing dry, cafes and sustaining cake, arrange some more hols perhaps
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, wild windy and cold , have had bowl of porridge this morning just to keep the cold out, undecided about riding in this wind.
    Have a good weekend
  • Ning, kiddie winks fed and watered. Taking them to the library so they finally swap their books over.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tidied up after last nights dinner party and managed a reasonable walk and chilled run.

Few jobs and then into town for ale with friends
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    sunny but windycold

cold revealed that the batteries in my srm are expiring, either that or i was coasting up many hills, fortunately i have spares, time to warm up the soldering iron
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Jobs and some helping with juniors' uni preparations is the order of the day here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Library visit done, wife and daughter off to town, son playing roblox, I'm testing the uni virtualized workstations. Should have been ready weeks ago but only released for testing last night. Teaching starts Monday so they had better work.
  • Painting, pottering, ablution, then TENET. Not necessarily in that order.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    That N wind is a barsteward. Strong gusts and bleepin' cold too. Gravel bike shifting much smoother post its fettle in the week, actually quite a nice ride if ignore that wind. Got 60km left of womens' road race to watch. And that will be about that.

Ps don't envy Cargobike's LEJOG with this wind, if indeed he is still going.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    edited September 2020
    orraloon said:

That N wind is a barsteward. Strong gusts and bleepin' cold too. Gravel bike shifting much smoother post its fettle in the week, actually quite a nice ride if ignore that wind. Got 60km left of womens' road race to watch. And that will be about that.

Ps don't envy Cargobike's LEJOG with this wind, if indeed he is still going.

You’re not kidding, it was bad enough yesterday (NW) I got blown to an almost halt by a gust, I was a little worried about where I was going, but luckily there were no cars passing me at that time. Stayed off the bike today, so far.

If Cargobike’s got any sense he’ll be held up in nice warm hostelry
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

If Cargobike’s got any sense he’ll be held up in nice warm hostelry

Or building a fairing and windshield for his bike.

Wind has dropped a bit here, but still yet to venture out beyond the garden.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    No slow start, lad dumped in Brum successfully now relaxing for a bit. Chuffin' cold out there.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Riding to Brighton tomorrow. Howling northerly, so pedalling may be optional. I was idly thinking of riding back, but the thought of doing that into a block headwind is not appealing.

Slowish day today, went to Kingston. V68, if you ever fancy some Vietnamese grub, then 36 Streets is lovely.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, declined a pedal today, rather sharp gusty winds, same tomorrow so cracked on with work in the garage, fair bit done two tip runs booked.
    Things re arranged, shelving and racking applied to flat brick surfaces.

Prepped the gravel bike for winter as it'll be the go to so 700's back on an nice mudguards an summer stuff packed away for the other side of this winter.

Now flake on the sofa with something alcoholic.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Lucky lucky hb with the put up the sail N-S ride. I had planned to do a road ride tomorrow 'cos tarmac bar the potholes is fast. But did a short transition on road section today and fxxx it was well wobbly with the gusts. So unless conditions change vs the forecast think safer to be off road no cars gravelling again tomorrow. 'Kin wind.