Tour to Vuelta

josame
josame Posts: 1,141
What are our thoughts on which GC riders will do both?
I see lopez, Pinot, Valvepitti (obvs), Roglic, Dumoulin, Carapaz, Buchmann and Mas on pcs
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2020
    If PCS are right, Lopez is going to be a busy boy.
    They also have him down for the Giro.
    Pretty sure he can't make those transfers! :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Arn't next year's tour hopefuls going to go?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    What's the period that a rider must be off the bike following a concussion? Wondering if we might see Bardet in either Italy or Spain.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    I assumed Dumoulin would be doing the Giro as leader hence not going too hard at the Tour. Adam Yates and Uran maybe?
  • DeadCalm

PCS still have Eddie Dunbar on the long list for Ireland to ride the World Championships RR.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm
    Pross said:

I assumed Dumoulin would be doing the Giro as leader hence not going too hard at the Tour. Adam Yates and Uran maybe?

Kruijswick to lead J-V C-Team at the Giro I believe. Whoever leads them at the Vuelta will get the B-Team.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm said:

PCS still have Eddie Dunbar on the long list for Ireland to ride the World Championships RR.
    I find these are much more accurate and confirmed teams get a green tick.
    He's also down to ride here, but as yet the team is unconfirmed:

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=Mjk4MDc=
  • DeadCalm

DeadCalm said:

I find these are much more accurate and confirmed teams get a green tick.
    He's also down to ride here, but as yet the team is unconfirmed:

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=Mjk4MDc=
    Thanks. I knew about that site but rarely went there. It does look more likely than PCS. Wrt Dunbar, I guess he's a possible for the Giro, but he isn't riding the World Champs RR. The Irish have announced their team and he isn't in it which suggests that he's probably not doing the Giro either.
    Team My Man 2022:

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Given the very busy calendar for the next 6-8 weeks, I'd be surprised if Dunbar isn't down for one of the Giro or the Vuelta. I'm assuming he had surgery on his collarbone to accelerate his recovery.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    Thanks for link - re Vuelta looks like Landa can be added
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    A mountain going to the Vuelta from its usual place at the Tour is the Tourmalet. This is what it looked like yesterday

Twitter: @RichN95
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    The Yorkshire Wolds at Wharram Le Street looked a bit like that yesterday evening.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    webboo said:

The Yorkshire Wolds at Wharram Le Street looked a bit like that yesterday evening.

So did my parents garden not far away in Hull
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Bernal?....
  • RichN95. said:

A mountain going to the Vuelta from its usual place at the Tour is the Tourmalet. This is what it looked like yesterday

Let's hope it stays like that so we can watch Paris-Roubaix in peace.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    No Nibali for the Giro by the looks of things, he can't even drop a 1950s mountain train

https://youtu.be/3dqh0vxyZGE
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Equally Pantani is not leaving them for dust. ;)
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    davidof said:

No Nibali for the Giro by the looks of things, he can't even drop a 1950s mountain train

It sounds like he needs to tune his derailleurs.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    davidof said:

The Giro is a lovely race. Just has a class and elan you don't get with the Tour.
  • DeadCalm

Bernal?....

On the Breakaway last night it was mentioned that Ineos have confirmed that Bernal is done for the season. They also said that Thomas has been ordered to stay off the bike for 4 weeks, effectively meaning his season is also over.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm said:

Bernal?....

On the Breakaway last night it was mentioned that Ineos have confirmed that Bernal is done for the season. They also said that Thomas has been ordered to stay off the bike for 4 weeks, effectively meaning his season is also over.
    At least Ineos can go straight into stage hunting mode with this one.
    Roglic is bringing Dom with him to the Vuelta, so it's book your tickets and all aboard the JV train again.
  • DeadCalm

DeadCalm said:

Bernal?....

At least Ineos can go straight into stage hunting mode with this one.
    Roglic is bringing Dom with him to the Vuelta, so it's book your tickets and all aboard the JV train again.
    Yes. I just saw that. Ho hum.

And actually, I think they said Thomas was to stay off the bike for 3 weeks, not 4. Either way, his season is over.
    Team My Man 2022:

• What the peloton could look like if they all did collaborations like EF

• What the peloton could look like if they all did collaborations like EF

If you have a look in the World Tour Kit thread that I bumped earlier this morning you will find a few more...................er.............creations in there, plus a link to all the others.

Ineos Grenadiers have this monstrosity:

I think I like Bora's the best, but I'm not sure if I might grow to hate it.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    The Ineos one doesn't look much different other than the text font. I liked the CCC one for some reason.
  • At least the Bora one might be affrodable. I like the Vini one, but the jersey would probably cost over £1000.