tuesday entertaining equinoctial excess

'ning

alert level pineapple

ride, cafe, wfh, may laze in the sun, looks like last chance in london this year
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, looks like it will be a nice day again, cycling first, Main job of the day measuring up for a couple of vertical blinds.
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Tired after lots of riding (for me) yesterday.
    WFH and avoiding Rona today. Need to go into the big city later for a meeting so might take bike and go for a pedal if it stays nice.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Headtorch walk and run looks likely.

Try and enjoy the sun after work, could do with mowing the lawns and catching that ferkin mole
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Office bound to spend the day there, first time in almost exactly 6 months. Waiting for a train as the showers are still not in operation.

Feels like the fag-end of summer.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited September 2020
    tlw1 said:

Try and enjoy the sun after work, could do with mowing the lawns and catching that ferkin mole

Try not feeding the dogs and keeping them in the garden.

Got a few more 'Teams' meetings this morning then need to nip into town to do a couple of things. More brekky needed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Driving a desk so I can feed our auditor documents via the magic of the internetz.

Bailed on the early morning ride as I was tired from yesterdays ride, gym & swim sessions. Hopefully a ride after work though in the sun.

Onwards to tea...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Yay \o/ no headwinds today.
    Pity it's my shortest day as I call through at various corporate sponsors offices across the East Midlands, for photos to make them feel good about themselves, before riding out into the flat expanses of Lincolnshire later.
    Forecast rain, tumbling temperatures and a return to headwinds tomorrow.
    Lucky me!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Got in a late afternoon ride, prob last in shorts and short sleeves, weather changing, sun had gone, windy and cloudy. Gonna be a long tough winter. 😢
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

Gonna be a long tough winter. 😢

Same shyte every year though? It's normally just a bit dark, grey and damp. At least down here in that London. It's why we have red wine and slow cooked beef and dumplings. Mushroom risotto, roast lamb, dauphinois potatoes, roast chicken, belly pork, mash, toad in the hole, and PIE.

Obviously if you're referring to the non-seasonal unpleasantness of our glorious elected leaders, I can recommend smack and crack.
  • bike ride first thing followed by emails all morning then talking at zoom all afternoon.
    Was hoping for more today from the cv19 blx but no real difference for us. A few kids at daughters school now have it an more each day isolating due to siblings with it.
  • thistle_
    Unproductive day. Everyone then needed help with stuff just as I was about to log off.
    Didn't manage a bike ride, and traffic was horrendous driving back.

Looking forward to a day off tomorrow.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Got a few more 'Teams' meetings this morning then need to nip into town to do a couple of things. More brekky needed.
    Nice edit 😂

Youngest pup would be too distracted by the falling leaves 🙄
  • Anyone else stocking up on essentials? Perhaps rebuilding your stockpile?
    What's in your bunker?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Nice edit 😂

Youngest pup would be too distracted by the falling leaves 🙄
    Trying to write emails and post at the same time is never a good idea.

We can lend you our youngest hound, it's an honorary cat as far as catching things goes. Would probably like fresh mole.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Anyone else stocking up on essentials? Perhaps rebuilding your stockpile?
    What's in your bunker?

Nothing, it wasn't needed last time. A few people in Cake Stop might need an extra stash of dry pants though :smile:
  • Stevo_666 said:

What's in your bunker?

Nothing, it wasn't needed last time. A few people in Cake Stop might need an extra stash of dry pants though :smile:
    Not even some bog rolls?
  • orraloon
    hopkinb said:

orraloon said:

Gonna be a long tough winter. 😢

Same shyte every year though? It's normally just a bit dark, grey and damp. At least down here in that London. It's why we have red wine and slow cooked beef and dumplings. Mushroom risotto, roast lamb, dauphinois potatoes, roast chicken, belly pork, mash, toad in the hole, and PIE.

Obviously if you're referring to the non-seasonal unpleasantness of our glorious elected leaders, I can recommend smack and crack.
    Mmmm... restocked the freezer today with winter meat type basics. But still have summer head on. E.g. got superabundance of cherry tomatoes at present, partic Sungold variety which are delicious, grazing them like they are grapes.

Thing is, with the grot months coming on, not like March April when the last lot of gummint in name only boxxox kicked in. Weather was good. Michael who-needs-experts Gove's random exercise for an hour (aye right) spout, quiet roads. Exercise inc get the bike out is good for mental state. Then it was good.

6 months of shite weather and shite gummint boxxox to come...? Happy days. Not.
  • hopkinb
    Oooh. It lets you say shite.
  • hopkinb
    Shite shite shite.

Winter riding is fine in fleecy tights, or get one o' they turbo trainers. An hour a day keeps the heebies away.

Re gubmint, like ah says, smack and crack, or like the autocorrect says, anschluss. Where tf that came from, I dunno. Maybe I have a Nazi phone.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2020
    orraloon said:

6 months of shite weather and shite gummint boxxox to come...? Happy days. Not.

Not considering heading back to Scotland then? Will be far better on both fronts :D
  • orraloon
    Seig heil FatBo
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

What's in your bunker?

Not even some bog rolls?
    There were enough in the shop earlier?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfh and nursing, I'm knackered. So I've missed an entire summer of cycling then, ballcocks! Are people panic buying bog roll again? What have they done with thhe 20 year supply they bought in February?
  • tlw1

Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfh and nursing, I'm knackered. So I've missed an entire summer of cycling then, ballcocks! Are people panic buying bog roll again? What have they done with thhe 20 year supply they bought in February?

Massive arseholes need lots of bog roll
  • thistle_

Stevo_666 said:

What's in your bunker?

Not even some bog rolls?
    I'd buy a couple of hundred to sell at a profit later if I had the space. Might just buy shares in Andrex as it's more space efficient.
  • Stevo_666 said:

What's in your bunker?

Not even some bog rolls?
    I'd buy a couple of hundred to sell at a profit later if I had the space. Might just buy shares in Andrex as it's more space efficient.
    I don't think mrs DHL bothers to unroll them the way she gets through them!