monday is just a temporary thing

'ning

ride, cafe, wfh, contemplate the long cold months until summer
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, pleased to say that north / north easterly wind as disappeared, , cycling later.
    Have a good day
  • Good moaning, bright, clear and cool 7°C here, blood tests shortly at the doctors
    I do hope things work out for your Sis oxo

Might have a ride this afternoon when the temperatures picked up
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Woke up very early and a smoke alarm was going off somewhere but none of the neighbours appeared to be on fire.
    Popped out for a pedal in the dark, although I only needed the big lights for 2 minutes of steep descent so it wasn't that dark and it was more of a hindrance in the mistiness.
    Trying to plan another pedal this afternoon after some work stuff has been dealt with.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work stuff today, might get a quick ride in later on the colnago to celebrate the TDF
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    gloomygrey with an initial hint of drizzle, now merely gloomygrey
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning folks, weather forecast seems to be saying something completely different from what I can see out of the window. Just as well I'm not going out until later when a run is on the cards.

Onto more work...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lovely sunny lunchtime ride, zero wind, which made me think there was a 360 degree headwind. Legs felt dead, but I persevered anyway. Had to stop for a couple of deer crossing the road - one of which was absolutely caked in mud and filth and stank to high heaven.

Some soup for lunch, and a small cheese sandwich. May hunt down an apple as well. Exciting times.

• Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Work stuff today, might get a quick ride in later on the colnago to celebrate the TDF

Did we win it?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Did we win it?
    yes, a cyclist won it
  • sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Did we win it?
    yes, a cyclist won it
    Bloody cyclists.
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2020
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Did we win it?
    yes, a cyclist won it
    It's always the some bloke in yellow jersey who wins it though. Bit predictable, no?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I know it's tradition, but it would be fun if one year someone challenged in Paris and took the yellow jersey off the leader :naughty:
  • Stevo_666

I know it's tradition, but it would be fun if one year someone challenged in Paris and took the yellow jersey off the leader :naughty:

Why TF don't they do that? No point having that final stage if its not a race. Might make it a bit more interesting to watch as well :smile: