Nairo Quintana and Arkea hotel rooms searched by French police...

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nairo-quintanas-hotel-room-searched-by-french-police-on-tour-de-france/

Not sure what if anything to make of this but I thought it could be interesting...

Has it been picked up in the Asylum?

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Weirdly, it was done by police not in cooperation with French anti-doping authorities.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Strange to pick on an under performing team.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95. said:

Police say that they have found a back wheel stolen from Chris Froome which Quinatana brought along to hug at night

Correlation is not causation.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    What is the usual treatment for nasty nettle stings? Presumably no TUE required for dock leaves...
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    If it’s not in conjunction with doping authorities, then its more likely that Arkea Samsic needed something from the Tour and were nicking ashtrays and towelling robes from hotels...
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169

If it’s not in conjunction with doping authorities, then its more likely that Arkea Samsic needed something from the Tour and were nicking ashtrays and towelling robes from hotels...

Ouch!
  • RichN95. said:

Police say that they have found a back wheel stolen from Chris Froome which Quinatana brought along to hug at night

Your a day too late for post of tour.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Public prosecutor from Marseille opens a preliminary investigation into a team, believed to be Arkéa-Samsic reports AFP, after discovery of "numerous health products including medicine... and especially a method that could be considered doping"

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Hasn't anyone told them they've missed their eve-of-the-Tour-bust date?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Too soon to say natch but usually my rule of thumb is if it’s police it’s usually serious.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    French police investigate French team? This is a v weird year indeed.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    "method that could be considered doping"... Interesting turn of phrase. Suggests not something as simple as a banned substance. There is a list of prohibited methods in here:

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/wada_2020_english_prohibited_list_0.pdf
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    It's Warren Barguil's weed stash they've found. Only performance enhancing in competition.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    I love a good drugs bust. Cycling wouldnt be cycling without it
  • Crap translation but from that Inrng link.

" ...prescription to an athlete without medical justification of a substance or method prohibited within the framework of a sporting event, aid in the use and incitement for the use of a substance or method prohibited for athletes, transport and possession of a substance or method prohibited for the purpose of use by an athlete without medical justification."
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    orraloon said:

Festina were a French team during the scandal.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Prosthetic motor doping. Love toy jammed up his arris.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    I reckon someone saw Quintana mumbling into a cup of cocoa about what a stupid sport this is and figured it was an old shaman performing an ayahuasca ceremony.
    The laugh’s on them, though, as I’m pretty sure it’s not banned anyway.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited September 2020

Prosthetic motor doping. Love toy jammed up his arris.

He'd never get it in, not with Matt Rendell already being up there

Quintana probably just brought some sweets over from Colombia for Gibo Simoni
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    pblakeney said:

orraloon said:

Yebbut. Pinot! Alaphilippe! Bardet! Oh. Yeah. So has the next French winner of the TdF been born yet? Copyright davidof OTP.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    I wouldn't even know what drugs riders are supposed to be on nowadays.

Anyone remember the days of cutting edge muscle?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited September 2020

censored translation but from that Inrng link.

" ...prescription to an athlete without medical justification of a substance or method prohibited within the framework of a sporting event, aid in the use and incitement for the use of a substance or method prohibited for athletes, transport and possession of a substance or method prohibited for the purpose of use by an athlete without medical justification."

Hydroxychloroquine..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Matt Rendall says

Nothing incriminating found. Team doc MAY have had needles in his bag: "potentially doping practices"? That detail has nothing to do with Nairo. Doc and soigneur still being held. This is all pathetically tenuous, certainly not a TdF doping scandal. Clutching at straws.

Not a neutral opinion obvs
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    pblakeney said:

orraloon said:

I recall Cofidis having a rough time with the Popo as well.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • "Further update via AFP said two people have been taken into preliminary custody or “Gardes à vue” on Monday morning. According to the Le Parisien, the two were a team doctor and soigneur, adding that "100ml of saline and injection equipment" were discovered during the searches.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • "Further update via AFP said two people have been taken into preliminary custody or “Gardes à vue” on Monday morning. According to the Le Parisien, the two were a team doctor and soigneur, adding that "100ml of saline and injection equipment" were discovered during the searches.

Hmmm, my "inside man" must have been mistaken.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    edited September 2020
    Would a team doctor not have that sort of thing available in the case of a rider needing emergency hydration or something similar? It sounds like a complete load of nothing to me, and some Flic trying to make a name for himself.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    According to that prohibited list that Bobmac linked to. You are allowed 100ml over a 12 hour period via I.V. So I wonder if there has been abit of an over reaction.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Quintana must have ingested something from sucking other riders wheels.