Best internal patch for tubeless MTB tyres ?

I am about to swap my nearly new Continental XC tyres to some new rims. I know that they have three punctures, two of which I repaired quickly with temporary plugs. What's the best internal patch or permanent internal mushroom plug to use to replace the temporary plugs? I have some car ones but they are a bit too thick and heavy so presume that there must be a dedicated quality internal tubeless MTB patch or plug that people use ?

Comments

• Me too, same as Oxoman.
  • Perrygc
    Perrygc Posts: 13
    Thx guys, in the end I experimented with various methods including the one you recommended as I had several holes to plug. I found that 3mm motorcycle mushroom plugs gave the most satisfactory looking repair as their size looks closer to MTB tyre size rather than the larger 6mm cars ones that I originally looked at. Only time will tell how they last.
  • A new style 10 pound note is superb, you’ve got no chance of using one for much else at present.
  • Perrygc said:

Thx guys, in the end I experimented with various methods including the one you recommended as I had several holes to plug. I found that 3mm motorcycle mushroom plugs gave the most satisfactory looking repair as their size looks closer to MTB tyre size rather than the larger 6mm cars ones that I originally looked at. Only time will tell how they last.

I was thinking about this. Bought some car ones but they are massive. Didn't realise they did motorbike ones. Do you have a link to some?