TDF 2020 - Stage 19: Bourg-en-Bresse - Champagnole 166.5 km *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2020
    Well, there was one rider who was bound to try and go long and solo and they have just let him do it.

Sometimes I cannot believe the intelligence of top pro riders.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    They are knackered bs
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    No-one is going to want to bring this back just for Bennett to take a sprint.
  • David Millar called what would happen and can't believe they didn't react.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Lovely road
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,233
    Picked the perfect time.
  • Didn't know his time gap
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    Good win
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Kragh Andersen looking good!
  • PTP carnage.

Some craic tonight in the DQS hotel
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors

PTP carnage.

Some craic tonight in the DQS hotel

Some one picked him
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Awesome. Loved that.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Hah! Beautiful stuff
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    Ridiculous he's not on the danish world's team.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Excellent break from the break! "Don't look back!"
  • Pross
    Well that was unexpectedly exciting. Really wanted Rowe to win that but well deserved by Kragh Andersen, quite unusual for someone who isn't a sprinter to win two 'sprint' stages in the same Tour.
  • DeadCalm
    Fist pumps among the potato chasers.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Well that was unexpectedly exciting. Really wanted Rowe to win that but well deserved by Kragh Andersen, quite unusual for someone who isn't a sprinter to win two 'sprint' stages in the same Tour.

Lyon wasn't a sprint stage in this era . I think we need a new term for these tech finish stages .
  • David Millar called what would happen and can't believe they didn't react.

Do you think he would make a good DS? (genuine q)
  • rick_chasey

David Millar called what would happen and can't believe they didn't react.

Too often half-cut to be behind the wheel, no? ;-)
  • DeadCalm

Too often half-cut to be behind the wheel, no? ;-)
    Talking of DS's, Matt Winston's stock must be on the rise right now.
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors

Nah ... Can read a race . especially small breaks but not DS .
  • rick_chasey

Nah ... Can read a race . especially small breaks but not DS .
    Yeah good spot - he is *really* good at reading small breaks - he's won some absolute corkers.
  • Pross

Pross said:

Lyon wasn't a sprint stage in this era . I think we need a new term for these tech finish stages .
    Yeah, good point. I thought it had been a bunch sprint for second, how quickly I forget details!
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Pross said:

Yeah, good point. I thought it had been a bunch sprint for second, how quickly I forget details!
    I think the new term is tricky finish but I prefer something more iconic as a term .
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Un arrive tricksé
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    edited September 2020
    Joy for Denmark fans Globally! (Again!)

Picked the perfect time.

He's very, very good at picking his moment.

Ridiculous he's not on the danish world's team.

Sponsor duties at the Binck Bank, innit? But pobably a bit on the hilly side for him anyway. The real loss to the team was Magnus Cort getting the lurgy. Still pretty strong with Valgren and Fuglsang leading.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    whats the odds the world champion is going to come from that break?
  • Pross

whats the odds the world champion is going to come from that break?

It was seriously strong. You'd think Wout would be in with a good shout though but may have done too much the last 3 weeks and Hirschi must be a contender.