friday with the fallen caryatid carrying her pineapple

'ning

ride in the cold, cafes, wfh, tdf has run out of mountains
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Mor, much colder here as well, dog walked ,central heating on , having a cuppa before another busy day.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, will run later as the wife wants to come with me (on her bike) let’s see how many pubs we can get past 🙄
  • tlw1
    Walk hounds, will run later as the wife wants to come with me (on her bike) let’s see how many pubs we can get past 🙄
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    edited September 2020
    On the train into town for a hopefully not too busy day in the office.

This evening should be good as my neighbour who owns a part share in a local brewery has invited me to the new premises to sample some of his beers for free. I can feel tlw's jealousy from here :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Kitchen table wfh interspersed with hair cut, lunch and collect mini. Maybe fit in an hour on the bicycle. Riding out to Windsor with some of the dads from school tomorrow a.m., then next Sunday down to Brighton for fish and chips when we get there. Most/all of them are on rusty old hybrids/mountain bikes and sporting PE kit.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

This evening should ne good as my neighbour who owns a part share in a local brewery has invited me to the new premises to sample some of his beers for free. I can feel tlw's jealousy from here :p

On my way
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited September 2020
    Spent yesterday in a daze after my son kept us awake all night with a temperature and general spluttering and groaning; kept him home for the rest of the week. This morning my daughter forgot her mask and had to walk back from the bus stop to get another one and a lift in to school. Finally made it to my home office; usual distractions of son moaning about doing his homework, wife moaning son while doing her youtube exercises, random music in the background. I really should just go the flippin office.
  • Stevo_666 said:

This evening should ne good as my neighbour who owns a part share in a local brewery has invited me to the new premises to sample some of his beers for free. I can feel HD's jealousy from here :p

FTFY.

Friday usualness, in the office on my own today so can fart at my leisure. The small things and all that...

Tonight may see a futile attempt to plan a weekend in Krakow, may just use booking.com to sort the hotel with late cancellation and hang on for the flights.

Ride tomorrow morning followed by garden DIY.

I'm off the pace with TDF coverage so may well watch yesterdays this afternoon.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Phone call from school to collect daughter.... Fortunately she is just unwell and not got a high temperature or other cv-19 nonsense. Just usual headache, cough, snivelly nose etc, per our son. Bet shes well enough to tik-tok...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another delightful day of wfh. I can be added to the list of those envious of Stevo tonight. I'll be feeling a lot better than him in the morning though, can't really drink much in case I need to attend to the EPO. She's really uncomfortable, going to see if we can get her upstairs tonight. Given how steep our stairs are that may be tricky given that she can't put any weight on one leg. How hard is it to fit a Stena :D
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

This evening should ne good as my neighbour who owns a part share in a local brewery has invited me to the new premises to sample some of his beers for free. I can feel tlw's jealousy from here :p

On my way
    See you there at 6pm sharp?
    https://brockleybrewery.co.uk/home

I said I'd give him a free plug or two in return for free beer :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

On my way

Is that your next bike on their homepage?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

On my way

Is that your next bike on their homepage?
    No, it's my current one. Earning it's keep from modelling assignments :smiley:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Noon
    Not much happening here today.

If anyone needs to know why R>1 they should probably head down to our local supermarket. Not sure what more the store can do other than make everyone shop in one of those zorbing balls.

Hoover has been complaining about needing to be emptied for a few weeks so removed the solid, compacted block of fluff from the bin. Bit concerned about all the wooden splinters it seems to have sucked up from somewhere.

Sun's out now might go for a wander or, shock horror, a bike ride.

@tlw1 are you doing the TT on Saturday?
  • Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

On my way

Love the delivery bike graphic :D I hope the brews as good
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

On my way

Love the delivery bike graphic :D I hope the brews as good
    Cheers CC, the beer is good - I've been to their old premises where you sat amongst the brewing 'stills' (or whatever you call them) to drink your beer.

This is the new place where they can brew more and has a decent outside drinking area so can fit a fair few people 'in' even in the current times. It's on a modern industrial estate so not quite as quaint as the old place which was a Victorian commercial building of some sort, but hey, who's complaining B)
  • Stevo_666
    Hic :)