TDF 2020 - Stage 18: Méribel - La Roche-sur-Foron 175 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Oh Hirschi!!

(One of the best MTB trails Ive EVER ridden went from this resort, down to Albertville)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Bennett and the autobus are 15 minutes back with a first cat and HC to come. It'll be close.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Takes some balls to get back on and start pushing hard on the descent after crashing like that.
  • Make that 16 minutes.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Pross said:

Takes some balls to get back on and start pushing hard on the descent after crashing like that.

bit jittery.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Cortisol adrenaline it's a twitchy mix
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Wish the TV coverage would show the front of the race. I've only seen the front group for about 5 seconds since I've finally been able to watch (got builders in and they had to turn the power off).
  • mididoctors
    Stop the world for pross
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    Pross said:

Wish the TV coverage would show the front of the race. I've only seen the front group for about 5 seconds since I've finally been able to watch (got builders in and they had to turn the power off).

Moto cam 1 followed the crash and was stuck behind Hirschi.
  • rick_chasey
    We think the bus is slow, and then you see the onboard in the bus and christ, if I could climb that fast.
  • mididoctors
    Poor hirschi .... Bit sneaky by kiwi
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    edited September 2020
    kevlar jersey?? I want one! rapha will no doubt bring one out at a reassuringly expensive price
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Coo! Look at them hills.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • rick_chasey
    Pretty this one. Woof.
  • rick_chasey
    Some damage at the back now.
  • mididoctors
    Arkea collapsing complety
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Quintana out of the back.
  • Poor hirschi .... Bit sneaky by kiwi

What's sneaky?

Hirschi slowly making his way back if the GPS is correct.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    amrushton said:

kevlar jersey?? I want one! rapha will no doubt bring one out at a reassuringly expensive price

I'm a recent convert from Rapha to Castelli as my budget shrank and I must say I'm very impressed so far...

In other news my espresso is chuffin' on point today!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Hirschi coming back
  • mididoctors
    Carapaz takes it up ... Going to hurt hirschi
  • Green jersey 18:30 back and only just starting the Aravis
  • mididoctors
    Hirschi can't match that from carapaz
  • rick_chasey
    edited September 2020
    Loving the moto work on this stage.

Very good at telling the story.

The Tour really sets the bar incredibly high.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited September 2020
    KOM Situation

66 Pogacar
    63 Roglic
    54 Carapaz
    52 Hirschi

20 points for the first over the HC
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95. said:

KOM Situation

66 Pogacar
    63 Roglic
    54 Carapaz
    52 Hirschi

8 points for 5th, so some of the chasse patate lot need to stay ahead of The Pog.
  • mididoctors
    Still 50 bl00dy k
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

RichN95. said:

KOM Situation

66 Pogacar
    63 Roglic
    54 Carapaz
    52 Hirschi

8 points for 5th, so some of the chasse patate lot need to stay ahead of The Pog.
    I hope it doesn't come down to the TT and is decided by being quick over the first flat 30km
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

KOM Situation

66 Pogacar
    63 Roglic
    54 Carapaz
    52 Hirschi

I hope it doesn't come down to the TT and is decided by being quick over the first flat 30km
    Yes, cos it's a 10 pointer.
  • rick_chasey
    ddraver said:

amrushton said:

I'm a recent convert from Rapha to Castelli as my budget shrank and I must say I'm very impressed so far...

In other news my espresso is chuffin' on point today!
    If you like Castelli you'll like sportful as it's the same stuff (almost exactly apart from different colours) albeit a cheaper brand.