wednesday even though time is an illusion

'ning

ride, cafes, bask if the cloud stays away, tdf, perhaps wfh a smidge
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, a bit of cloud cover this morning, hopefully it will stay dry, cycling this morning, tdf later let’s hope one of the gc contenders attacks Roglic and co.
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Work stuff then hopefully a quick spin on a bike
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    rather cloudy, will change plans for day unless it improves, suspect this is the end of the end of summer, get ready for 8 months of soggy, cold, gloom

time to arrange some hols
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Quieter day, still wfh. Will go collect bike from LBS later, as I need it to ride into work tomorrow.

Coffee and emails beckon, how exciting.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gathering stuff together for an audit next week and finding failings on the workshop side of things.
    I'm not really a meeting type person but I think they're the only way to stop it going Pete Tonge again.

In other news a trip to Ikea is planned for this evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

rather cloudy, will change plans for day unless it improves, suspect this is the end of the end of summer, get ready for 8 months of soggy, cold, gloom

time to arrange some hols

Back end of week looks brighter and sunnier, if cooler. Not basking weather, but it is mid September, there can't be many/any UVs left at these latitudes.

Just think of the tawny port opportunities that the cooler weather brings.

Normal stuff here i.e. wfh, grub, wfh, collect mini, wfh, tdf, wfh. Yawn.
  • Still working, but in the last 2 weeks of it now at least.

Been speaking to people about fixing our water tank system. What a faff.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Fitted a quick 35 km in before grub, which I am now shovelling down at my desk.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Went to a cosy yoga class this morning, did well not to nod off during the relaxation bit.
    Then made myself one of those sterzo things for zwift. Seems a bit of a laugh but don't think it adds much value as you can't crash or run things over.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Evening folks,
    Physio visit for the wrist this morning, I was very brave and didn't cry. Didn't get a sticker though. He was happy with the progress which is good.
    Just been for a run with the lad, thankfully he had a hangover so wasn't too fast. Pub is calling as it's Wednesday
  • Stevo_666
    Got my communter bike back from the LBS, mucho cheapo bill, although the owner did point out that it was generally a bit knackered after 11 years of being a commuter hack and next time it breaks in an expensive way it may be better to buy a new one. Sounds like a good excuse...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    edited September 2020
    Stevo_666 said:

Got my communter bike back from the LBS, mucho cheapo bill, although the owner did point out that it was generally a bit knackered after 11 years of being a commuter hack and next time it breaks in an expensive way it may be better to buy a new one. Sounds like a good excuse...

Did he give you that in writing though to show to the adjudication panel?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Did he give you that in writing though to show to the adjudication panel?
    No, but as I'm flogging my DH bike soon and the EPO can't tell the difference between my bikes, then as long as there's the same number in the garage, all will be well :smile: