TDF 2020 - Stage 16: La Tour-du-Pin - Villard-de-Lans 164 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,801
    Don't sit up kamna
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Balls out to the line
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • "LENNIE LENNIE LENNIE, I'm not on commentary duty." Kirby. :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Gap to Carapaz now 30 seconds.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm said:

Gap to Carapaz now 30 seconds.

He's back in domestique mode.
  • DeadCalm
    Over a minute now.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    Pierre let me down
  • mididoctors
    Not even sure in the points
  • Carapaz made a right mess of that, worrying about distance on JA and leaving himself vulnerable. Smart riding by Bora and Kamna.
  • DeadCalm
    Happy with that result.
    Team My Man 2022:

• Carapaz showing some form in time for the Giro.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Great ride by Kanma.
  • Sky/Ineos tick off another GT stage loss although that was one of the closest ones in the past two years.
  • Daniel Oss contributed to the Kämna victory, teamwork/tactics.
  • Here we go Pogo.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Pogacar keeping the GC interesting!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Interesting definition of interesting...
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • DeadCalm
    Daft from Pogacar but loved it all the same.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    Pogacar and Roglic not looking as friendly in the warm down area as earlier in the race.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    Onto more important matters: who is in polka?
    Team My Man 2022:

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,222
    edited September 2020
    DeadCalm said:

Level on points.

Cosnefroy has come over 2 Cat 1 climbs in the lead, Rolland only 1, so Cosnefroy keeps polka dots.

Just as well for the sake of my poor eyes.
  • DeadCalm

DeadCalm said:

Level on points.

Cosnefroy has come over 2 Cat 1 climbs in the lead, Rolland only 1, so Cosnefroy keeps polka dots.

So poor old Pierre is probably not going to get to even wear the jersey, let alone win it.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    I could be completely over thinking this, but I'm beginning to think that Pogacar's little dig today wasn't as daft as it first appeared but was a mind game.
    Team My Man 2022:

• zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited September 2020
    Remember when Rohan Dennis was destroying Bernal on Zwift and everybody was saying how crap Zwift is.

Guess the races on Zwift were right.

• DeadCalm said:

I could be completely over thinking this, but I'm beginning to think that Pogacar's little dig today wasn't as daft as it first appeared but was a mind game.

If Pogacar is stronger than Roglic then every dig that he makes that Roglic has to cover himself is a little bite out of him, even if it doesn't gain any time. I think the only daft dig would be one that Jumbo can collectively bring back with ease.

-----

I liked this from Kämna :) :
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    edited September 2020
    Bernal's Tour has gone about as well as his haircut.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    ddraver said:

Right, it's my day off and I really need to go and do something so I'll see y'all on the other side...

Looks like I made a good decision then.

Good ride by Kamna, he deserved that.

Interview with Bernal looks like he's going to drop out.

WHAT A TOTAL DISASTER FOR JEROME'S COUSIN!

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    ddraver said:

ddraver said:

Right, it's my day off and I really need to go and do something so I'll see y'all on the other side...

Colombia have left Bernal out of their World’s team so it’s likely he’s told them he’s going to be out for a while
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95. said:

ddraver said:

ddraver said:

Colombia have left Bernal out of their World’s team so it’s likely he’s told them he’s going to be out for a while
    Not that they need another chief.

• DeadCalm said:

DeadCalm said:

Level on points.

So poor old Pierre is probably not going to get to even wear the jersey, let alone win it.
    This is an entirely good thing. He should be banned from ever wearing it again after the polka dot shorts.