TDF 2020 - Stage 16: La Tour-du-Pin - Villard-de-Lans 164 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Hook jaw was my favourite . Couldn't quite get there with panzer g man thou .

Hookjaw has been an avatar of mine on here at some point; I even had the Hook-jaw iron on T-shirt back in the 70's when I used to buy it every week from the first issue onwards. At least in this "kids rule ok" thumb he's holding a bicycle chain. Most of the back issues are on website called the penny-nightmare or something..
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Hopefully we will start to see some action from the break soon. My mind has been numbed by the ditch water on offer so far today.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pierre should just ease up no one else is interested in Kom FFS

He's unlikely to get many polkadot points tomorrow, if any, and none on Saturday, so he might as well try to get them today. Although even if he ends today with 45+, he might need as many again to win the jumper in Paris, depending on how the Slovenians do tomorrow.

Good to see the red-number jersey up in the front group though, it doesn't always happen the following day.
  • He's always been an attacking rider..
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    jimmyjams said:

Pierre should just ease up no one else is interested in Kom FFS

He's unlikely to get many polkadot points tomorrow, if any, and none on Saturday, so he might as well try to get them today. Although even if he ends today with 45+, he might need as many again to win the jumper in Paris, depending on how the Slovenians do tomorrow.

Good to see the red-number jersey up in the front group though, it doesn't always happen the following day.
    My point is he could end up with the same points with less effort .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Bernal in the gruppetto is kind painful
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439

Saving himself for tomorrow I assume.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • DeadCalm
    edited September 2020
    About to abandon?

Edit: nope. But I think it might be the wise move.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217

It's like watching the latest great French hope the day after they've dropped out of contention. Even Rowe was still hanging onto the peloton at the time wasn't he?
  • L
    gsk82 said:

Looks pretty chill about it
  • DeadCalm

L

gsk82 said:

Looks pretty chill about it
    Yeah. Having a laugh with the DS in the car.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm
    Kamna, Carapaz, Alaphilippe and Reichenbach chasing down Pacher.
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    G Martin late move
  • DeadCalm
    Do J-V really care about Dumoulin's top 10?
    Team My Man 2022:

• Finally managed to get ITV sound and Eurosport coverage sufficiently out of synch that it's cut to a shot of Bernal with the following commentary:

"Come quickly. He's sooooo thin. I don't think the poor thing can even walk. You've got to do something..."
  • DeadCalm
    Benoot riding for Roche in the second group.
    Team My Man 2022:

• Sepp Kuss just had an intimate moment with his top tube there :s
  • DeadCalm said:

If you had one hand on the GC why would you care about the minor places?
  • mididoctors
    Sep kuss crash ..touch of wheels
  • Carapaz attacks Alaphilippe chases
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Carapaz like bomb ... Real suprise
  • jimmyjams said:

Pierre should just ease up no one else is interested in Kom FFS

My point is he could end up with the same points with less effort .
    I understood what you meant but there was always that outside chance that someone like Carapaz (also in the break) grabbed the earlier points today and enjoyed the next good couple of days too – and in no time he'd become closer the jersey in Paris than Rolland.
    I'd guess that's why Pacher went up the road – Rolland said 'That's it for me for today, Quenty, do me a favour and go get the points so Carapaz or Kämna don't get them'. But isn't going to work.
  • DeadCalm

DeadCalm said:

If you had one hand on the GC why would you care about the minor places?
    I assume that was Martin's thinking but they have noticeably upped the pace following his attack.
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    Bam JA blows
  • Carapaz like bomb ... Real suprise

Well he certainly blew Alaphilippe up
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Carapaz show.wing class
  • mididoctors

Carapaz like bomb ... Real suprise

Well he certainly blew Alaphilippe up
    The acceleration and lack of telegraph was impressive
  • mididoctors
    Kamna keeps going
  • mididoctors
    Just keep going kamna
  • DeadCalm
    Bernal might be raising an eyebrow or two when he sees just how strong his domestique is looking.
    Team My Man 2022: