Light Bicycle Falcon rims/wheels

Anyone has any experience of the above?
I'd be interested to buy a pair to build as light racing wheels... possibly clinchers rather than tubs. I know the rims are tubeless and I'd like to know how tight they are... how easy it is to fit tyres without levers... levers and carbon rims are not a good match
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Ugo Santalucia wrote...

"I also think that those among us fortunate enough to still have disposable income to splash on bicycle wheels, maybe should help UK retailers, rather than giving all the money to some buggers in China?
    It's probably more helpful than clapping on a Thursday evening"

Is your moral compass deserting you?? 😉

My Farsports wheelset has been great by the way. Sandy is very helpful with any email queries...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    edited September 2020
    So true... and reluctantly... but fair point

Unfortunately, unlike for built up wheels, there is no UK alternative in a similar price range... I am not even saying in the same price range. I looked everywhere, but you just can't buy a pair of light carbon rims for hill climbing.

I could try asking Malcolm if he is keen to part from a set of his Borg carbon rims, but does he even sell light ones, or just deep aero rims?
    I am looking at 350-380 grams clinchers, stiff, not noodles, that come in 24 and 28 holes
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    https://www.lightbicycle.com/newsletter/Road-Bike-Tire-Width-Charts.html

Some limited info here. Might be worth an email to them to ask about your tyre of choice.
  • helpful, thanks
  • michael7
    michael7 Posts: 18
    Did you find a solution?
  • michael7
    michael7 Posts: 18
    edited May 2021
    ZED Ultralight carbon spoke anyone? 1200g clinchers.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Got some light and cheap alloy rims instead...
  • racerex
    racerex Posts: 69
    Finally received my Flyweight AR35's from Light Bicycle yesterday. My (late) Christmas present to myself. Under 1,300 grams. Took 15 weeks total from order to door. Have not mounted tires yet, but they look perfect. For the price I am very happy with them.
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    racerex said:

Finally received my Flyweight AR35's from Light Bicycle yesterday. My (late) Christmas present to myself. Under 1,300 grams. Took 15 weeks total from order to door. Have not mounted tires yet, but they look perfect. For the price I am very happy with them.

Any tax hit on import? Admittedly I haven't looked into things properly, but Brexit has made me think twice about putting in an order.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001

Any tax hit on import? Admittedly I haven't looked into things properly, but Brexit has made me think twice about putting in an order.

As Light Bicycle are in China Brexit will have had no effect on import taxation. The import duty/tax rules for non EU countries didn't change due to Brexit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    wongataa said:

As Light Bicycle are in China Brexit will have had no effect on import taxation. The import duty/tax rules for non EU countries didn't change due to Brexit.
    They changed, but it was our choice now that we are out of the EU. So it was a change enabled by Brexit.
  • Hello,
    Did anyone use or bought LED Bicycle Light Set from Toolden? I am keen to buy a LED bicycle light set.