TDF 2020 - Stage 16: La Tour-du-Pin - Villard-de-Lans 164 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Bennett has had sagans wheel locked in. who is it going to damage more?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    ddraver said:

Eventually the British public is going to have to realise that having the 3rd worst COVID rate in the world is why we can't have nice things like The Tour.

And to stop judging other countries by our pathetic effort...

And yet the French have the Tour. Your arguement makes no sense
  • Bernal lurking right at the back of the peloton.

In terms of getting him over his disappointment from the other day this doesn't look great. Possible he's under the weather, but if he isn't I'd have told him to get up front and sit on Roglic's wheel, just to get back in the swing of normality.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    the tour de france...isnt in britain...🥴. Clue is kinda in the name

Sean is very animated today!! Almost as much as Ineos, who are like kids on the last day of school!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439

Bernal lurking right at the back of the peloton.

In terms of getting him over his disappointment from the other day this doesn't look great. Possible he's under the weather, but if he isn't I'd have told him to get up front and sit on Roglic's wheel, just to get back in the swing of normality.

Nah. Unless he's going for the stage he's got nothing to gain by expending energy.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ddraver
    Jumbo right now...

- @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Trentin is just flickin' the bird at Sagan...
    - @ddraver
  • Gaudu abandon
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    And Breaaatthhhheeee.......
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    edited September 2020
    W. Barguil
    R. Carapaz
    C. Verona
    S. Reichenbach
    J. Alaphilippe
    L. Kämna
    Q. Pacher
    A. Bettiol
    N. Roche
    W. Anacona
    M. Trentin
    A. Amador
    I. Erviti
    C. Juul Jensen
    D. Oss

@ 4.15 and rising

Plus 2 other groups a minute back each...
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    Treintin could go a long way here
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Pederson
  • ddraver
    edited September 2020
    Benoot & Perderson make the bridge on the foot of the climb

R. Sicard
    M. Nieve
    N. Powless
    S. Geschke
    P. Sivakov

1.45 back

Peleton 6.40 back. Big T.M on the front
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    edited September 2020
    From the foot of the col de Porte it is just a few kms across the valley to the start of the climb to Revel, the start of the Revel climb is pretty stiff tbh (I sometimes ride that way home from work). They then roll a few km along the top before swooshing back down to Claix to cross the valley floor to climb to St Nizier. Although there is nothing uber hard on the climbs they both Revel and St Nizier will take their toll.

The Vercors plateau is pan flat and you'd risk getting caught here if you went for a long one. Whether the short climb to Cote 2000 (the ski resort has just been bought by US basketball star Tony Parker) will split the GC up I doubt.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Just tuned in to see my PTP hopes already up in smoke.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    davidof said:

From the foot of the col de Porte it is just a few kms across the valley to the start of the climb to Revel, the start of the Revel climb is pretty stiff tbh (I sometimes ride that way home from work). They then roll a few km along the top before swooshing back down to Claix to cross the valley floor to climb to St Nizier. Although there is nothing uber hard on the climbs they both Revel and St Nizier will take their toll.

The Vercors plateau is pan flat and you'd risk getting caught here if you went for a long one. Whether the short climb to Cote 2000 (the ski resort has just been bought by US basketball star Tony Parker) will split the GC up I doubt.

Nice .
  • mididoctors
    Oss just push the break on to make the cut off time harsh ?
  • ddraver
    Rolland & Roche have slipped* off the front. Roche refusing to work but will let Pierre take the KOM Points

(*OK, i missed it...)
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020
    The nieve group chasing on is encouraging the break to uptempo
  • ddraver
    edited September 2020
    ^Ewan is struggling.

Aided by Jerome's Cousin who has his eyes back on the big prize!!

Original Break has shattered over the climb, but I suspect in a way that will allow them all to come back together again

94 to go

T.M back on the front of the peloton, but gap up to 9.15
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    ddraver said:

^Ewan is struggling.

Aided by Jerome's Cousin who has his eyes back on the big prize!!

Coming good in the third
  • ddraver
    edited September 2020
    Alaphilippe mending the Di2 by kicking the sh1t out of it...

Right, it's my day off and I really need to go and do something so I'll see y'all on the other side...
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    Loads of helis above the office now, the race must be blowin' thru.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors
    Pierre should just ease up no one else is interested in Kom FFS
  • DeadCalm
    So who do we think is going to win the stage?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,599
    edited September 2020
    DeadCalm said:

Jan Hirt :lol: otherwise my dream last night makes NO sense!
  • DeadCalm

DeadCalm said:

I'm convinced it's going to be Benoot who was my original PTP pick until I saw Gregster04 had already picked him.
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    DeadCalm said:

Kamna or nieve
  • mididoctors
    DeadCalm said:

DeadCalm said:

I'm convinced it's going to be Benoot who was my original PTP pick until I saw Gregster04 had already picked him.
    I picked Pierre just cos I knew he would be in the break not he would win
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Benoot was my original thought too (but I ended up going with Kwiatkowski :( )