monday go easy, step light...ly, stay free

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited September 2020 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early stuff to do, no tdf today

dawn ride, cafes, bit of wfh, bask, really need some negative spf to boost the uv, bit of wfh, that'll do
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, pleased to know I’m not the only one up early
    Busy day yet again, it’s no good at my age
    Nice to see some September sunshine ,hopefully today will be nice
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    by golly, i'd forgotten about the roads, cracked, pot-holed, crumbling, glass strewn and teeming with traffic, back to normal

cafe ii time
  • Back to the grind after two weeks in the sun, back to the diet after two weeks of Italian food and wine.
    Managed to catch a bit of the tour yesterday and witnessed Bernal crack.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • O dear I’ve goto go to work and the weathers wonderful. The mercury here has just reached 23°C I’d rather ride, sadness! :/
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    28 in London according to my wahoo. You can probably take a couple of degrees off that, but nice nonetheless.

Enjoyed a sunny ride through Central London, well, along the embankment anyway. Should have turned right at Chelsea Bridge and knocked up sungod for a steak tartare and a glass of vin rouge at Colbert.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'noon
    Went for a run, wasn't that nice apart from being out in the lovely sunshine.
    Need to go and see if my oil filter has arrived. Got one at the weekend but someone in the factory put the wrong one in the box.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Went easy, pedalled light-ly, stayed upright until I came off. Not paying attention, distracted by blue skies and far horizons, went into a rutted section and promptly slipped the front wheel. According to the guys walking the other way it was a good slow motion tumble, worth 7/10. Grassy ruts meant a soft landing so only minor scratched elbow. That's gravelling for you.

Warming up nicely. Bbq laterz.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Busy day, but not a bad one as I''ve got lots done and haven't had to beat anyone up on the way. Having fun planning suing some our clog wearing cousins for €17m of refunds they're refusing to hand over, tight gits.

Lovely out but I've not actually been outside yet...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    hopkinb said:

28 in London according to my wahoo. You can probably take a couple of degrees off that, but nice nonetheless.

Enjoyed a sunny ride through Central London, well, along the embankment anyway. Should have turned right at Chelsea Bridge and knocked up sungod for a steak tartare and a glass of vin rouge at Colbert.

i was far above the streets, basking and listening to hawkwind

might be there for brekkie first thing wednesday, not sure yet
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sg, your 'first thing' is conceptual, rather than an actual time of day. :)

Has anyone else seen umbrella academy on Netflix? I'm rather enjoying it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of playing nursemaid and WFH before leaving the EPO to the not so little cherubs and going to the office to deal with much stupid. We had a confirmed case of CV19 in one of the warehouse staff a week ago, thankfully no more as yet.
    Went for my run/hobble, much better than Friday. No doubt helped by a lack of fish and chips. Just had a Thai curry cooked by the lad. Very nice
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Busy work day, but chilled post with a gentle fun bike spin with youngest and then a bbq