55th Tirreno-Adriatico, September 7th to 14th 2020 *Spoilers*

124»

Comments

• Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190
    Not great by Froome , I’d say trying but some way off atm. See what the top ten on GC do as a comparison
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,461
    RichN95. said:

gsk82 said:

30 to 40 second faster than the winning times on the same course for the past 3 years.

The course record was Cancellara's 11:08. 26 seconds down
    The tweet I got the stats from said it was 400 metres shorter when he won it. That may or may not be true.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    What a time from Ganna.

Anyone identify the wheels hes using, front looks like a Zipp, certainly not the team issue shimano wheels. Disk as well is different.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Matti66 said:

Fast day and or later in the year.

The air pressure is likely to be lower at this time of year compared to March
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • 50x11
    Froome on a non shimano front wheel as well.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    TGH - change down a gear mate.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    50x11 said:

Froome on a non shimano front wheel as well.

They don't have a wheel sponsor I believe, so I think they quite regularly change wheels. In the GTs they ride lightweights for the mountain stages.
  • 50x11

TGH - change down a gear mate.

He'll have done 15k by the time he gets over the line.
  • 50x11
    Haig seems to be on a Lightweight disk wheel as well.
  • gsk82
    Thomas 4th in the TT behind Ganna, Campanaerts and Dennis, but only 20 second or so faster than Yates. Yates wins overall, Thomas second, Majka third.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • 50x11
    Thomas finishes 4th on the stage to move to 2nd over all, Simon Yates wins over all.
  • gsk82
    ... The £10 I put on Thomas for the tour is now going on Thomas for the giro.
  • 50x11
    Yeah he's looking good. Would love to see him and Simon fight for pink. Will be a great race.
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190
    As in life Sport is not a linear thing , but I wonder if , S yates would have gone well in the Tour . Any way hope both G Thomas S yates go well in the Giro , it goes ahead and is a good race.
  • That shows why track cyclists like nice warm air in the velodrome when they want to go fast.

Both Simon and Geraint looking very good three weeks out from the Giro.
    I wonder if Dom Dumoulin will turn up there for the yellow peril?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,557
    Anyone know what happened to Dowsett? Crash? Results suggest he came in last when you'd have expected him in the top20
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    dish_dash said:

Anyone know what happened to Dowsett? Crash? Results suggest he came in last when you'd have expected him in the top20

Don't know. On the commentary they thought it was an error as he'd been going well.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,192
    dish_dash said:

He had a mechanical of some sort

https://www.strava.com/activities/4057934267
  • 50x11
    edited September 2020
    Dowsett doesn't have a team for next season, and can't even feature in TT's his big strength. Barring last years nationals you have to go back to 2016 for his last TT win. Don't ever heard anyone talking of him being a good helper either, for a TT rider he doesn't seem to pull much etc. I wonder if he'll retire with his first kid on the way, or go to a domestic team and spend all year training for his nationals and GB worlds spot.

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,557
    Thanks folks! Shame about the mechanical.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    50x11 said:

Dowsett doesn't have a team for next season, and can't even feature in TT's his big strength. Barring last years nationals you have to go back to 2016 for his last TT win. Don't ever heard anyone talking of him being a good helper either, for a TT rider he doesn't seem to pull much etc. I wonder if he'll retire with his first kid on the way, or go to a domestic team and spend all year training for his nationals and GB worlds spot.

He has involved in the lead outs for the sprints, usually the last man. But I guess you a sprinter who can finish it off.
  • 50x11
    2 positive tests from the final day. EF and CCC riders.