TDF 2020 - Stage 15: Lyon - Grand Colombier 174.5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Have hardly watched any of the Tour this year. Apart from the amusement of the final capitulation of Ineos that was tedious. The rest day will be more exciting.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Not being very familiar with Kuss I'd assumed he was Dutch, was slightly surprised to see the Stars and Stripes against his name on the results.
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 452
    Harry182 said:

Were the Sky stages really that boring? No action until the last 600m of a MTF?

No, because everyone attacked them. Nibali, Contador et al. They had to work for it.

• Don't get the hate going on for that stage, it was a display of sheer strength from Jumbo and it was awesome to see. This is how you win big mountain stages/the yellow jersey. Just what else are you expecting?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    davidof said:

7m21 for Bernal

Pretty much the average of our two guess ... But I edge it so I am better than you and get bragging rights . Hahahaha 😗😉
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169

Don't get the hate going on for that stage, it was a display of sheer strength from Jumbo and it was awesome to see. This is how you win big mountain stages/the yellow jersey. Just what else are you expecting?

A bit of action?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    The problem is that Roglic probably isn't the best rider in this race and knows that he attacks outside the last kilometre, Pogacar could take time out of him
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,876

Don't get the hate going on for that stage, it was a display of sheer strength from Jumbo and it was awesome to see. This is how you win big mountain stages/the yellow jersey. Just what else are you expecting?

When your final domestique doesn't get to put his nose in the wind at all, that says everything.
    One attack from Yates. Nothing else watsoever.
    Dull, dull dull.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    I thought it was ok as a stage .. race was at the back
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • roscoe said:

Harry182 said:

No, because everyone attacked them. Nibali, Contador et al. They had to work for it.

Think this is part of the problem. Who's really in form other than Roglic and Pogacar, neither of whom are the sort to go from a long way out?
  • Don't get the hate going on for that stage, it was a display of sheer strength from Jumbo and it was awesome to see. This is how you win big mountain stages/the yellow jersey. Just what else are you expecting?

Yes it was wonderful wasn't it.
    All those pretty colours in a line, not moving.....

Uran now in 3rd and Enric Mas in 8th.

The competition for the Haimar Zubledia award more interesting than the GC battle.
    Not often you can say that.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Richie Porte looks in good form.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    I did find it quite amusing that after all that dominance JV failed to win the stage. Having really enjoyed the crosswind stage I'm now wishing Pogacar had made the front split.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    edited September 2020

Another cracking 500 metres of mountain action from the team who have been making Sky look exciting since 2020.

What a stinker of a stage.
    Bring back Sagan and his Bora boys.

It is Sunweb that are keeping this TdF interesting for the neutral spectator.
    And the nibble of hope that Pogacar will bite off the agreement. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032

davidof said:

7m21 for Bernal

Pretty much the average of our two guess ... But I edge it so I am better than you and get bragging rights . Hahahaha 😗😉
    Honestly well played... I thought Bernal was going to blow a gasket.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    Eh it was a great finale, draining them away then finishing it off. Good stage
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95. said:

The problem is that Roglic probably isn't the best rider in this race and knows that he attacks outside the last kilometre, Pogacar could take time out of him

He doesn't need to attack though. It's up to everyone else, if they can. And WvA killed any chance ov that by wearing everyone else out on 2/3 of the climb. It's perfect, if boring riding from Jumbo.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    Can Pogacar take time in the TT? Whilst he riding a good race with very little support he's not going to close the time gap by outsprinting Roglic.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892

roscoe said:

Harry182 said:

Think this is part of the problem. Who's really in form other than Roglic and Pogacar, neither of whom are the sort to go from a long way out?
    If you're going on the warm up races, Quintana has looked good this year, so has Martinez, Sivakov, even Bernal. All of them have been absolutely nowhere. Indeed, van Aart is ahead of two of them!
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

Yes it was wonderful wasn't it.
    All those pretty colours in a line, not moving.....

Uran now in 3rd and Enric Mas in 8th.

The competition for the Haimar Zubledia award more interesting than the GC battle.
    Not often you can say that.
    whats wrong with uran being 3rd?
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    The fact that Ritchy is up there says the field isn't that strong this year
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Pross
    Where was Sivakov today? Surely two weeks on from the crash is enough for him to have recovered and be doing his bit to help (not that anyone could have helped today)?

Kwia has to be given a bit of freedom now.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

It's obviously not since the last 10 years of tours have never been won like that.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Hoping Yates commits to stage wins and starts all-or-nothing/kamikaze attacking.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    So who is currently favourite to be Ineos team leader in next year's Tour?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Big Joe Rogan Woooooooooooow for that.

Jumbo crazy strong 😳

This is what it must have been like it being British around 2012 - 2016-ish!

(Rog has not yet dropped Pog, and he'd be ahead if not for that cross wind stage... 🤔 )
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross said:

Can Pogacar take time in the TT? Whilst he riding a good race with very little support he's not going to close the time gap by outsprinting Roglic.

He's national TT champion, but not by much. That was an uphill course (700m gain over 16km), so will probably hope to take some time back on this one.

Lost a minute and a half to Roglic in the ITT in Vuelta last year on a "normal" TT.
  • phreak said:

roscoe said:

Harry182 said:

If you're going on the warm up races, Quintana has looked good this year, so has Martinez, Sivakov, even Bernal. All of them have been absolutely nowhere. Indeed, van Aart is ahead of two of them!
    Isn't Martinez's role just as super-domestique for Uran? And he did win a stage and helped Uran for much of the final climb (he came in with Bernal, WvA, Gaudu and Rolland).
    While Sivakov has an excuse (or had one at first).
  • Uran... I thought he was all mothballed and ready to enjoy retirement
    left the forum March 2023
  • zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    edited September 2020
    I already saw it yesterday. Roglic was not even pushing to his limits and he was already dropping Bernal. So not surprised about this result.

So if an out-of-shape Tom Dumoulin can also beat Bernal, Ineos is in real trouble. Even ex-support riders from Team Sky (Richie Porte) is beating Bernal.

But considering the amount of money Ineos has, they will probably buy Roglic, Porte and Pogacar for next year :p