Shakedry Colour(s)

Anyone heard any updates on this since November? Seems all the usual suspects ran a version of this story at the time but I can't find anything more recent: https://road.cc/content/tech-news/268441-coloured-gore-tex-shakedry-jackets-are-coming-soon-and-we-cant-wait

I would have guessed they'd be on track to launch for Spring Classics and should be on sale to the general public by now. Anyone got any insider knowledge about Gore's goings on these days?
Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
2020 Ribble CGR SL
2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I'd have thought we'd have seen them in the pro peleton first. MAybe when that comes back ?

The Romance one looked good - I think the shakedry material is still black but they can just print colour over it.

Not in stock any more so I guess there are reasons for that ?
  • voicycle
    voicycle Posts: 95
    Yeah was thinking maybe I'd manage a discounted one by, say, August but that seems unlikely now.

Love my C5 Viz but I'm a bit slimmer now and it's getting a bit kite-like. Great with a strong tailwind yesterday but reminded me I'd had my eye on colour developments.

Figured I'd keep my existing for winter layering and then go for a C7 race-fit in a bright colour and a size down once it's possible to get 20-30% off RRP on them somewhere.
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,572
    Interesting thread, I too have one of the C5 with the yellow bits on, and like it a lot - it's not as fitted as I might like, but I recently managed to pick up a 7mesh Oro in XS, which is quite the rarity for half rrp, which was an amazing find.

Great jackets, and if they can properly add colour, as the Romance ones would suggest, then the market would be pretty much sewn up I suspect.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Just spotted what appears to be an EF pink one on the Rapha 'coming soon' page. Says October. Their black Shakedry is £220 so presumably this will be about the same. Not the £150 or so I was hoping to pay, but it's still cheaper than I can find a C7 on the internet at the moment. Maybe worth a look when it comes: https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/stories/coming-soon
    2020 Ribble CGR SL