saturday seven-per-cent solution

'ning

coffee, laze, pineapple, tdf slightly lumpy
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, nice start to the day well the suns out for a change, club ride 8:30, Sunday roast on a Saturday for a change, tdf on Eurosport I might have a couple of beers as well .
    Have a good weekend
  • sungod said:

'ning

No cycling Sungod ?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    1.5hrs done 9.5 to go 😂
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    edited September 2020

sungod said:

'ning

No cycling Sungod ?

bit of high intensity turbo, last day of quarantine* which between wfh, tdf, tawny port etc. i've barely noticed

*which must be observed in accordance with government standards by following one's instincts and broken only in specific and limited ways, but fortunately my eyes were ok and i didn't need to go to barnard castle, i was dreading that
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Got a fair few bit 'n' pieces to do including dropping bike at LBS for some rectification work. Suppose I'd better have some breakfast and get cracking...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    Stevo_666 said:

Got a fair few bit 'n' pieces to do including dropping bike at LBS for some rectification work. Suppose I'd better have some breakfast and get cracking...

lbs? get tooled up, or you'll never survive the zombie apocalypse
  • sungod
    toots dead :(

reggae time
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was interrupted. EPO had gone out early to beat the crowds in Kingston. Not so funky now Toots has gone. She'd barely got round the corner and someone doored her, called me so I dropped everything and ran round. Possible broken humerus, which isn't funny. She was carted off in an ambulance and obvs no visiting so I'm waiting for a call.
    Reggae time as SG says.
  • Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was interrupted. EPO had gone out early to beat the crowds in Kingston. Not so funky now Toots has gone. She'd barely got round the corner and someone doored her, called me so I dropped everything and ran round. Possible broken humerus, which isn't funny. She was carted off in an ambulance and obvs no visiting so I'm waiting for a call.
    Reggae time as SG says.

Phaaaaark, that’s shoot. Hope not too severe.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited September 2020
    sungod said:

toots dead :(

reggae time

Sh!!t on it.
  • hopkinb

Afternoon folks,
    Reggae time as SG says.

Double sh!!t on it. Hope Mrs V recovers quickly.
  • sungod

...She was carted off in an ambulance and obvs no visiting so I'm waiting for a call.

sounds nasty, hope she's ok and heals well
  • veronese68
    Thanks chaps, waiting on a scan at the moment. Fingers crossed
  • Stevo_666
    sungod said:

Stevo_666 said:

lbs? get tooled up, or you'll never survive the zombie apocalypse
    I lack the skills and time - and knowing the cause of the problems would be a start. Or as I say to Pinno, I listened at school so I wouldn't have to do manual labour :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Hope it's not as bad as you think V. Your family isn't having much luck with injuries just now :(
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Hope it's not as bad as you think V. Your family isn't having much luck with injuries just now :(
    No, I reckon she just wants some of the attention I've been getting lately :D
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

No, I reckon she just wants some of the attention I've been getting lately :D
    Is that an example of female logic? o:)
  • veronese68
    Fuckfuckfuckityfuckfuck!!!!
    Broken pelvis and still waiting to hear if her arm is broken.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608

Ah sheeit. Best wishes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

You go in for a broken arm and come out with a broken pelvis :neutral:
    Hope she heals up ok.
  • Stevo_666

Balls :( Hope she gets fixed up OK.
  • veronese68
    Thanks chaps, she's home now doped up to the eyeballs. Arm not broken thankfully, but all sorts of funny colours.
    Good job the kids are big enough to look after us as well as themselves. Good practice for our dotage :D
  • hopkinb

Good job the kids are big enough to look after us as well as themselves.

They're gone in a week or two. If you rig up one of those emergency alarms, I'll be round in 15 if one or both of you has a fall. :#>:)

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot v68! Hope she’s as well as can be expected
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Just read this. My god what bad luck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!