Youngsters in the Tour

2»

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    What does everyone think Hirschi is capable of winning in the future? The tour and all five monument? Looks suited to Lombardy.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    I don't see him winning the Tour. There are too many younger, better climbers around.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    DeadCalm said:

I don't see him winning the Tour. There are too many younger, better climbers around.

Depends. I could see him being a Wiggins / Thomas type winner who can hold his own in the mountains and out time trial his rivals.

Definitely looks capable of winning any of the Classics though as he seems to have a decent kick as well as the power. We could have a new Boonen / Cancellara rivalry with him and WVA plus MvdP in the Gilbert role.
  • Pross
    Interesting point by Kennaugh just now that the youngsters are doing better post lockdown as they are more accustomed to structured training rather than the old school riders who race to train.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

What does everyone think Hirschi is capable of winning in the future? The tour and all five monument? Looks suited to Lombardy.

I'm thinking a Jakob Fuglsang type
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Pross said:

Interesting point by Kennaugh just now that the youngsters are doing better post lockdown as they are more accustomed to structured training rather than the old school riders who race to train.

They also put forward the idea that as there's so many young riders being overall competitors that the white jersey should be for the best first-time rider. I like that idea.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross

Pross said:

They also put forward the idea that as there's so many young riders being overall competitors that the white jersey should be for the best first-time rider. I like that idea.
    Yes, I was thinking that the other day when it was being debated on here. Either that or drop the age but I like the idea of it being open to any debutant.