Help with saddle

I’ve always struggled with saddles often coming home with big bruises on my arse cheeks, I’ve tried various saddles over the years to no avail. I watched a video recently about how to measure your sit bones and then to ad 20mm For correct measurement. But the thing is my sit bones are only 90mm so is this unusual? Because most saddle start around 130mm minimum which leaves me 20mm short😕

Comments

• manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Have you measured your own sit bones by any chance? There's always a possibility of error. If that's the case I recommend you visit a Specialized dealer to get your sit bones measured using their Assometer. It won't cost anything but you can then be sure of the measurement to make your saddle choice.
  • Worth checking how well your padded shorts or padded bibs stay in place, I found that my Funkier shorts rotate forwards on rides, which can result in a painful line from the edge of the pad.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Measuring your sit bones is definitely a great idea so that you can find a saddle width that works for you. Of course everyone is different and what works for one will not work for another. I use an adjustable saddle. That I can adjust to my needs and riding positions. https://bisaddle.com/
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Ahh, some blatant advertising there brandi. Nobody needs an adjustable saddle, simply one that fits.

PP
  • brandi said:

Measuring your sit bones is definitely a great idea so that you can find a saddle width that works for you. Of course everyone is different and what works for one will not work for another. I use an adjustable saddle. That I can adjust to my needs and riding positions. https://bisaddle.com/

Does it have bluetooth?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,303
    A saddle that swings both ways? Isn't there someone that could use that on his Bianchi when he adjusts according to what sort of ride he's doing ;-)
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

A saddle that swings both ways? Isn't there someone that could use that on his Bianchi when he adjusts according to what sort of ride he's doing ;-)

Useful when carrying a 20kg rucksack